A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Flat Rate Break Up Swap Gallery  (Read 752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 31, 2009 10:00:22 PM »

WOOT post your break up or post break up or care packages here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009 06:13:35 AM »

My partner has received!  Due to her internet situation, it is easier if I post pictures of the items I sent her.

This is what I smooshed into the $5 flat rate box:

2 mediums:
MEshelltakeone had specifically requested that there be 1 "Men Suck" item.  So, I made this cross stitch with button embellishment.  She listed purple and pink as 2 of her favorite colors.
and
a headband for this winter (crafting this was a delightful distraction from the summer heat)  (It was hard to bring myself to mail this headband because I ended up really, really liking the way it turned out!)

3 smalls and 2 extras:

The extras:
a "Be Creative" bookmark from our library because my partner has gotten onto a big reading kick lately
a pattern from the year of her birth (1982)

the smalls:
1.  Halloween skeleton hands hair barrettes (she had been enthusiastic about the idea of me including a Halloween item)
2.  a pouch in very girly fabric (she had said that she really likes pouches and purses and that she's a girlie girl)
3.  bobbypins decorated with red rose buttons and crocheted leaves

She says she is happy with her items.  However, I feel like total crap because I'm going to receive a disproportionately big box full of loot today.  MEshelltakeone missed the part of the signup thread about using the small $5 flat rate box
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=313298.msg3612845#msg3612845
and instead sent the larger flat rate box.  So, she way overcrafted and overspent on postage $$.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009 10:40:01 AM »

My partner said she's been really busy with getting her kids back to school (I do understand), its been nearly a week since she received but hasn't posted the pic of your package yet, sooo I'll go ahead and post on her her behalf.  I really hope she liked what I sent her, and I must say Aikibookworm I went over the shipment limit as well.

A journal, heating pad, martini glass that I tried my hand at painting, and three bejeweled huge paper clip bookmarks

three motivational cards

and a little something for her daughter that had a birthday during the swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
Aikibookworm

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009 12:25:25 PM »

I have received (and received and received)!!!  I am stunned and staggered.  I literally choked up and teared up as I opened one perfect item after another.  I feel like a rabbit in the focus of a coyote because Michelle stalked me so well!!!

First up, oceanic artwork which will most definitely be hanging in my kitchen.  So cute!

Next, notecards.  My favorites are the turquoise ones that have the whale punches out of the bottom edge.

Next (yes, there's till more!  Remember, she used the too big box.  *sigh*), a wonderful messenger bag.  Her fabric choices are perfect, and I'm amazed at how well constructed this thing is from the interfacing to the strapping.  I'm very rough on purses so i definitely notice good sturdiness in addition to very cuteness!  My stuff will be moved into this new bag before I drive to get my son from school in an hour!  

showing the ruby red (!!!) lining:

A very SOFT, adorable bat washcloth that made me laugh out loud with joy when I pulled it out.  I cannot tell you how delighted I am with this.

OK, now this one --- well, no one is allowed to break into my house to steal this one!  My son and I are both big Dr. Who fans (I sooooo lurv David Tennant).  Michelle pulled a very magical rabbit out her hat indeed with a TARDIS WASHCLOTH!!!  Yup, you read that right:  a TARDIS washcloth.  Bow before her wonderfulness!!!  There was squeeeeeeeeing when I pulled this out.

And, now, my 2 favorites!!

Yarn -- but this is special.  Really special.  I mean, I literally started to cry.  First off, she included instructions on how to crochet a gnome and all of the yarn and hook necessary for the project.  She said she didn't have time to make a gnome so she sent the kit.  I think that's even better!  Now, I'll know how to make gnomes, and that is a very happy thing.  And, then, the part the made me cry.  How did she know?  Is this just one of those spooky cool cosmic things, or did she really know?  And, if she did really know, HOW?!?!?  She included 2 skeins of wool yarn.  Now, let me explain.  I have started making hats and lap blankets for Hats 4 Heroes for our military people serving in Afganistan and Iraq and for the wounded soldiers convalescing at Walter Reed.  For the ground troops in Afganistan, they can only have wool hats, not acrylic made for them through Hats 4 Heroes.  Well, I have a bunch of hand-me-down acrylic yarn in my stash and can make up quite a few hats and lap blankets and stuff for the folks at Walter Reed, but I don't have a wool yarn stash.  And, I really wanted to get some hats made for the soldiers who will be so very cold in Afghanistan this winter as it is time to start thinking about Christmas shipment.  When I was in the city last, I went to Hobby Lobby all excited thinking I'd spend $10+tax and get 4 skeins of wool yarn (like the acrylic).  WHOA!!!  I discovered wool yarn is WAAAYYYY expensive.  I could only get one skein for about $6.  I was so sad!  I got a skein of turquoise thinking that I'd have to just send 2 hats only for the ground troops and just focus on the Walter Reed folks and the sailors in the battle groups in the Persian Gulf.  Well, when Michelle added these 2 skeins of wool yarn, I started blubbering like a baby.  Now, I can combine them with the turquoise to do stripes and get more hats made for the ground troops in Afghanistan.  I am overwhelmed by the perfectness of this.  

Also in that picture is a page of Hot Wheels stickers she included for my son.  So thoughtful!

And, now, behold cuteness incarnate:  the world's best amigurumi octopus.  Her yarn selection is magnificently perfect.  

I have named him Colin.  Everyone say hello to Colin:

Thank you, MEshelltakeone, for a box of treats that literally brought me to tears of joy.  I have been completely, stunningly spoiled.  I just want to crawl under a very heavy rock and hide my face in shame because of the tiny box of little bits I sent you.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009 12:34:49 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009 03:58:14 PM »

WoW! What a WONDERFUL package you received, I love that bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
Aikibookworm

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009 05:16:16 PM »

I offerred to send a second small box to help comp out the difference in treat volume, but she said no.

ETA:  My mailman is a friend from church, and he got a big kick out of how excited I was to get my box o'spoiling!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009 05:16:58 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Samsung NX100 Hands-on Video at Photokina 2010
Canon Multipurpose 4k Camera Concept
Nick Woodman Talks About the GoPro Cameras
Canon 7D Hands-on
How to Transform a Room Into a Camera Obscura
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...