A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wicca/Pagan Swap Round 12 Gallery of Fun Summer Days AND Nights!  (Read 12291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2009 05:04:46 AM »

As usual things are topsy turvy - our school budget which translates to supplies and equipment is contingent on our state budget - something our governor can't seem to pass! Now they're talking about not having one till August which means nothing iwll be ordered at school until then and we won't have it till Christmas! In addition, all the technology work that needs to be done/finished is now on hold till the school sees how much state funding they are getting. So another year of tech work while we're in the building. This year it was awful as nothing worked and everything is connected to that darn system!
So now i don't know whether to make these "smart board" lessons or not. They are time consuming if you want to do them right and as I'm now teaching a myriad of classes I am really swamped: AP senior (Brit) Lit, Pre-AP junior(American) Lit, Creative Writing (1/2 yr), World Mythology (1/2 yr), and 6 levels of Spanish. I don't even know which 1/2 year course I'm teaching first! The 2 Ap's and the Creative are new classes for me and the Creative is new for the school. They didn't replace the English teacher that retired and they divided her classes amongst the 4 of us who can teach English. Three are full time English and I'm dual certified and the only Spanish teacher they have. But, I'm the only English teacher who has ever taught an AP level class. The district doesn't want to pay to send a teacher to become AP trained, so they have had to do some juggling. It has caused hard feelings as AP is something of a "big" deal. It elevates you in the eyes of the district - I'm not into the politics of schooling, but it caused some bad feelings when they gave those classes toa "part-time" English teacher. My fellow English teachers don't see me as English - they think of me as foreign language -even though English was my first degree, and I went to school with the English teacher who is most offended. I think it's a self- esteem issue. She needs to feel like someone recognizes her skills- but she's in the wrong district for that kind of attention. Our new principal has just 1 yr under his belt and I think we'll finally get to see the real man this yr. I got the impression he was watching this yr. I think there's a wolf under that sheep's costume. He is no southern gentleman regardless of his drawl. I could write a best selling smut novel about the district I work in - it's embarrassing! It's no wonder parents hate educators. Ok I've ranted enough - back to lesson plans:)

Blessings to you all
windoverireland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2009 05:55:44 AM »

Hahaha, gosh no. I'm closer to murdering the boyfriend than marrying him these days.....  Roll Eyes

Grin

Wind, I completely understand why you've been pulling your hair out over work now! Sad I don't think most people appreciate the work that goes into lesson planning, and with a plate as full as yours I'll be happy to see you around a few times a week. If it's any consolation though, I'd come to any of the classes you're teaching! Especially Brit Lit and Mythology, which are two of my weak spots. I'd also love to eventually learn Spanish. I went through 4 different Spanish teachers from 4 different countries in high school and as a result retained none of it.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YoungMom

My honey and I

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2009 07:22:01 AM »

And one of the saddest issues regarding state budgets and their inability to be timely is the fact that the kids must suffer as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Amy~~

My Wist!!  http://www.wists.com/?action=login_form

The Goddess is the Universal Mother, Earth Mother, The Lady. She is the source of fertility, endless wisdom and caresses. She is represented by the Moon.....
Feywalker
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2009 07:56:15 AM »

Oh Wind!  I'm so sorry you have to put up with all that crap!  It's so stupid that education isn't put on the level it deserves.  *Big hug*  Want us to come kick their butts for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2009 08:20:36 AM »

Can I make a list for that butt kicking - let's start in the State Legislature:) and work our way down!
Love you all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2009 08:25:34 AM »

I have broom in hand and am ready for my trip to PA. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2009 06:10:43 PM »

a coven of angry witches might be more than this fundamentalist community could stand:) Boy I can hear the preachers nowLOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2009 08:19:49 PM »

a coven of angry witches might be more than this fundamentalist community could stand:) Boy I can hear the preachers nowLOL

but wouldn't it be fun to watch!

truly though - I am sorry that you have so much politics in the school, and know exactly what that is like!  I am glad to not be working in the school system anymore - even as a teachers aide it was too much headache to deal with all the bull...

I kept thinking as I read the post that it is no wonder you are stressed for time - you are just plain stressed!

Ronda
Brightest Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2009 05:48:49 AM »

Our aides - goddess bless them - have even more sh-t to deal with - they won't know if they're being rehired till August - how's that for rude! They pay them dirt but expect them to act like teachers! They even ask them to cover classes with no certified teacher present! A lawsuit waiting to happen! They just finally started including them in trainings and skill advancement seminars!  They didn't want to pay them for the time! Maybe the governor is right and it's time school boards were not elected from the community - it would certainly stop a lot of "family" feuds and maybe they would have to know something about finance, etc. Just ask a group of farmers to handle millions of dollars - probably why our 4 million rainy day fund is at a zero! There has to be a better way - we can't expect parents to support us and work with us when there's so much drama that takes away from the professionalism needed to do this job well - no one should be in education JUST for a paycheck or to DATE their students! I am horrified beyond words - adjectives like PERVERT, PEDOPHILE, etc come to mind. I am feeling my generational differences with the "modern" teacher. My mentor and dear friend retired this year because she said she felt like a dinosaur. Too many attitudes that had nothing to do with being an excellent teacher had become a daily attitude and she just couldn't take it anymore. I will miss her and the students have lost too many good teachers. Hillary retired - his body just won't take the stress and he isn't completely healed from the stroke he had at Easter. Another great teacher gone. They let the reading teacher go - left her hanging out to dry with no mentor half the year and no support from a disciplinary point of view - they hired a woman who hasn't stayed anywhere for more than a year and has never worked with students older than the fourth grade. She batted those baby blues and they ate it up. Then she has the audacity to comment to me about the room and all the "junk," insinuating it was no wonder they got rid of her. I politely informed her that was leftover from the retiring teacher 2 yrs ago and the poor woman they used hadn't thought it her place to sort and throw out! Don't you just love snippy people! I can hardly wait for a year with her in my hallway - guess I'd best glue that smile back on, especially if I'm going to keep running into her in town!
I'm just venting - I am perpetually optimistic as long as I can get the yukky stuff off my chest - it's like cleaning out the septic system! Gross I know!
Love to you all
blessings
wind....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2009 09:46:08 AM »

vent away darlin! tis good for the soul!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Tutorial: How To Do A Reverse Braid
Beauty Tutorial: How To Do A Waterfall Braid
Salve Heals Bumps and Bruises
Naturally Made Hair Detangler
Oatmeal Soothes Sensitive Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...