A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Think I Killed it :-\  (Read 316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Emzybobs
« on: May 21, 2009 05:38:15 PM »

I think I broke my sewing machine :-s I'm not really sure though I'm kind of a sewing machine noob so yeah......

Basically My machine got stuck a few month back and while unjamming it I think I broke a needle and it got stuck in there (thats the worse case).

Anyways Its not picking up the bobbin and the thread uptop isn't moving one bit all the bits that are suppost to move do it seems fine other than the face it won't sew :-/ I hope i explained well enough I'm Kinda bad at this just wondering if you guys have any clue what I might have done I don't wanna have to take it to the shop.

Thanks for any help if I've explained badly I'll be happy to answer any questions that'll make the problem clear.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TCinTX
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009 09:05:55 PM »

This is what I would do.

1. Remove the bobbin (and bobbin case, if you have one).
2. Remove the metal plate that is under the foot. (On some machines, they pop out. On others, you have to use a screwdriver.)
3. Once you have both of those out, take a flashlight and look at the machinery the best you can. Brush out all the dust and lint - you can use a pipe cleaner to get in the narrow places. Use tweezers to remove any stuck pieces of thread. If you can see the needle bit, use tweezers to try to remove it.
4. If you can't see any obvious broken pieces, try oiling the race (the part that moves under the needle).
5. Remove the upper thread.
6. Re-thread the bobbin, replace the plate, then thread the upper thread (with the foot & needle UP).

If you still can't get it to work, it's probably time to call in the professionals.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emzybobs
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009 07:09:16 AM »

thankyou :-) I'll try that when i get home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OhThat
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009 01:30:50 PM »

Something almost exactly like this happened to me last summer.  I tried everything but nothing worked.  Finally I took it to a repair place and found out that when I broke the needle, it messed up the timing so the bobbin and needle were just missing each other.  They reset the timer and it's been fine since.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Social Network as an Actor
How to Stay in Character for an Audition
Watch This Instead Predators
How to Export Your Project in Premiere Pro CS5
How to Create a Custom Sequence in Premiere Pro CS5
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...