A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September Felt-along - preparing for OCT 3rd. International felt-bombing  (Read 7144 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009 04:29:19 PM »

i made my first properly wet felted piece today, in fiery colors, i had a friend over, and somehow i convinced her to felt with me... we made a piece of felt, the she made a pumpkin out of her half and i made a flag.. i'll stick t somewhere noticeable
i'm thinking, since our yard is the biggest on the block, with so many trees, i'l cover it in awesome redness and orangeness, people always drive by and stare at us, so why not give the something fun to look at?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
doyouloveanapple
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009 09:16:13 PM »

Fleshing out some prototypes. I need some help. 1. What is a good wool yarn to felt with? I need something to tie them on to trees. 2. Any online sellers that sell nice (medium quality is okay) carded and dyed wool for an affordable price? I am giving them away after all and living in a city people are most likely to throw them away.

I wonder with all the forest fires that happen every year if anyone will find me tying them to a tree in poor taste? *shrugs*

The Sheep Shed Studio- http://www.thesheepshedstudio.com/ sells roving online for pretty cheep. Check out their mill ends. I would re comend buying some and then just dying it with koolaid. You can get pretty good fire colours with koolaid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.etsy.com
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009 12:05:28 AM »

Is there a yellow kool aid?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009 12:28:45 AM »

Sorry I can't be of help (Kool Aid isn't sold in Australia)
If not, you can use yellow food coloring
I used yellow & red food coloring to dye these 
(I mixed the yellow and red to make the orange)
Um, I used less than half of those little food coloring bottles, so it seem to go pretty far

THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009 02:03:50 AM »

Wow your hair and falls look amazing!! Please come do my hair? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peachymanaangel
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009 03:16:17 AM »

raeraethejetplane

As for attaching to trees it depends on the shapes you are making and if you whant you attachment meathod to be seen. I have found the staple guns, hammer and nails worked the best for me. You can always use fishing line or yarns and threads. I know for the knitted graffiti they use zip ties.

I used hammer and mall finishing nails to attach this to the tree. When I deinstalled it, it was filled with earwigs and fuzzy caterpillars. *shutters*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009 04:54:14 AM by peachymanaangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://peachymanaangel.livejournal.com/ for blog fun
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylacrawford/ pictures. When words only get in the way
http://kylaslab.etsy.com Shop for fun felted jewelry and other fiber arts
sallyb
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009 03:23:04 AM »

I'm dying some sweet-ass yellow roving at the moment!  I've only been experimenting with dying for a couple of days, but I think this is something I could really get hooked on!  I also need to order some more roving so I have plenty to play with for FeltUnited! 

I'm loving reading about what everyone else is thinking of doing too and I can't wait to see pics after the event!  This is an awesome global event to be involved in, and it doesn't require a huge commitment to be a part of!

I've had a bit of a play around with a tag design and nearly have something ready to put up.  Stay tuned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009 03:36:01 AM »

raeraethejetplane

As for attaching to trees it depends on the shapes you are making and if you whant you attachment meathod to be seen. I have found the staple guns, hammer and nails worked the best for me. You can always use fishing line or yarns and threads. I know for the knitted graffiti they use zip ties.

I used hammer and mall finishing nails to attach this to the tree. When I deinstalled it, it was filled with earwigs and fuzzy caterpillars. *shutters*

Eww. I don't want them back now. I was thinking it'd be really cool to art bomb the street I work on after work but even though it's a small street it would take a LOT of effort. I expect to do whatever I am doing for the day solo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009 07:41:09 AM »

those were some stylin' caterpillars and earwigs! that tree looks beautiful Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sallyb
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009 02:40:27 PM »

I just remembered your Specimans piece peachymanaangel!  I loved that and now I'm thinking I need to experiment with felted forms for FeltUnited... I love how your pieces look alien-like and I'd love to stick them around town in trees and hanging off shop doors and stuff like that!

Time to experiment this weekend...  or tonight...  soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Old Jeans Into a Floor Mat
How to Turn Old Sheets Into Shopping Totes
How to Turn an Old Plate Into a Vase
How to Use Sandpaper
Japanese Calligraphy Symbols
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...