A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,631
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wicca/Pagan Litha/Summer Solstice/Midsummer Card Swap 12  (Read 20708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2009 03:09:32 PM »

Merry Meet!!
Welcome to the Midsummer/Litha/Summer Solstice Card Swap 12
This is our Gallery!

This is a swap within a swap, and you have to be signed up for Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Swap 12, or have sent in a Card Swap Only questionnaire and be a returning crafter from one of the previous Witch/Wiccan/Pagan swaps to be involved. Information on this can be found from RondaS at the main swap page:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303252.0

Here's the link to the WWP 12 Swap Gallery for when we start sharing what our partners have made!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=306012.0

Please answer and post this quick questionnaire/remember to cross off your own name! in the card gallery thread.

Quickie Questionnaire:

Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them?

Does the envelope need to be discreet with regards to pagan themes?

Are you okay with tasteful nudity?

Would you prefer a traditional card or a postcard?

Do you get sickened by those personal news letters people sometimes include with their cards?

Anything else?

This gallery will serve a few purposes.

A place to post pictures of the cards you receive. You can post them as you get them or you can post several at a time. Be sure to include the senders name.
  THE IMPROVED TRACKING SYSTEM (courtesy of Saturn) that makes my job easier.
  A place to prattle on about Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Swap 11
  A place to check in with your progress, for instance Im 75.999999945% complete etc. etc

Heres our participants list. Your name will be blue when you have sent all of your cards and green when everyone has received from you. A number will be placed next to your name to show how many have received your cards, and how many have yet to receive.

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11. Tero

Please cut and paste this list in your post along with the quickie questionnaire in the card swap gallery.

Just a couple things before I send you on your way with this--

*ALWAYS remember to cross members off on your list as you receive cards from them. This is how I can keep track of everyone's progress--and yours too! Everyone's lives are busy, but I ask that you cross them out within a few days of receiving the card. Just in case- this is done by going to your Quickie Questionnaire in the card thread, clicking "modify", highlighting that person's name and clicking on the slash button next to the underline button.
*ALWAYS post pictures of the cards you receive. You can post them as you get them or wait until you get several of them together to post pics. Remember that anything is better than nothing at all, if you don't have a camera, cell phones and webcams work too! and you can always hit "reply all" and ask us to take pics of your card before we send it to you.
* CHIT-CHAT! Feel free to post in the thread and get to know your fellow swappers.  Smiley

Blessed Be
windoverireland

Here's some info to help you get started creatively!!
Shakespeare immortalized this lesser fire Sabbat in his play, A Midsummer Nights Dream. Faeries are featured in this comedy.

Litha is also the time of another celebration, the Feast of the Faeries. At twilight, the portals between the worlds open and faeries may enter our world. Mortals who welcome them are blessed with joy and wisdom.

Alban Hefin is when the Holly King takes over the reign from the Oak King who will, again reign at Yule. It is the first day of the new year. The Druids celebrated this day on June 24, not on the Summer Solstice. Their day ran from sundown to sundown. This is celebrated by the Christians as the Feast of John the Baptist.

Colors, herbs, incense and flowers vary according to the different practitioners as do the traditions.

The altar is decorated with red, white, yellow, green or blue candles and cloths. Summer flowers, such as lilies, daisies and roses, and green branches are placed on it. Incense of lemon, frankincense, lavender, rose and wisteria is burned. Dried herbs such as lavender, vervain, chamomile and St. Johns Wort adorn the altar. Other decorations are seashells, fruit and potpourri. Some Pagans make a bag and fill it with herbs, then create a mental petition of problems, sorrows, ailments and pain into the bag. A red string is tied around it. This is also placed on the altar. The candles flames purify and release the woes. This is reflected upon. After this, magick can be performed if desired.

Traditional foods are summer fruits, fresh vegetables and mead, an alcoholic beverage made of honey, yeast, water and herbs, if desired.

* Melon Ambrosia: Cut cantaloupes, watermelon, honeydew and other desired melons into bite-sized squares. Coat with honey and mix well.
    * Citrus Medley: Slice oranges, grapefruit and other desired citrus fruits. Pour Crme de Menthe or mint flavored syrup over fruit. Mix until all fruit is coated. Peaches, nectarines and/or apricots can be substituted for the citrus fruits.
    * Bean and Zucchini Salad: Cook 1 c each fresh or frozen green, wax and lima beans until tender. Canned beans may be substituted. Cut one small zucchini, leaving skin on, into squares. Dice one medium onion. Cool cooked beans. Add zucchini and onions. Balsamic vinegar dressing: Mix c balsamic vinegar, c olive oil, one large clove garlic, minced and tsp dried oregano. White vinegar and vegetable oil may be substituted. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well.
    * Tomato, Onion, Pepper and Cucumber Salad: Dice 2 medium tomatoes, 1 medium onion, 1 medium bell pepper and one medium cucumber with skin on. Crumble 1 Tbs dried parsley or snip three sprigs fresh parsley. Combine vegetables and parsley. Pour balsamic vinegar dressing over the mixture and stir well.
    * Corn, Pepper and Tomato Salad: Cook 2 cups fresh or frozen corn. Canned corn can be used. Dice bell peppers and tomatoes coarsely. Cool cooked corn. Mix all vegetables. Dressing: Combine c cider vinegar, c sugar and tsp each celery seed and mustard seed. Mix well and boil. When cool, pour over vegetables

Note: These dishes are better if they are made the day before and refrigerated overnight.
Source:
http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/pagan_midsummer_summer_solstice

Read more: http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/pagan_midsummer_summer_solstice#ixzz0G5S006T7&B

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 03:47:22 AM by Windoverireland » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009 03:40:18 PM »

PARTICIPANTS LIST:

1.   RondaS - blatant/blatant/tasteful/either/ok/have fun
2.   DanniQuee - blatant/blatant/tasteful/either/ok/excited sketching
3.   phnxreign99 - blatant/blatant/blushing teen boys/either/ok/Luv getting!!
4.   Solitaire - blatant/blatant/*leer*/both/ok/excited
5.   Olivegreenspring - blatant/blatant/ok/both/like 'em/not picky
6.   LunaKitten - blatant/blatant/tasteful/either/ok/dancing card?
7.   Feywalker - blatant/hubby deals with the postman/shiney wanger fan/either/ok/let the mail begin
8.   Jenna_Gayle - blatant/discreet envelope/tasteful/traditional/ok/pinkie promise
9.    Toby82 - blatant/dilly weingers/what are clothes/either/ok/Fae weeeeeee, Hugz
10.  Windoverireland - blatant/blatant/tasteful/either/ok/faerie festival
11. Tero - blatant/blatant/nekkid/either/ok/Blessed Be
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 03:52:22 AM by Windoverireland » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009 03:42:01 PM »

RESERVED!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009 10:22:40 AM »

I sent today! June 10, 2009!
all but Toby

delivered Toby's too
but he got a sphere and
no card since I spaced the card off

Quickie Questionnaire:

Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them?
more pagan the better!

nah! let's give my mailman something new to think about!

if it is tasteful - or at least fun! (shiny wangers are always welcome  Wink )

open! the mailman will really have something new to think about if you send a postcard though, specially if it has shiny wangers on it, LOL!

Do you get sickened by those personal news letters people sometimes include with their cards?
nah - but I don't intend to send one

Anything else?
HAVE FUN!!!

I am so glad that some have taken advantage of doing this part of the swap so they can keep their hand in, even if they don't have time for the full swap! Woot!

also - don't forget to fix Toby's address - sorry about that  Embarrassed

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.   Toby82
10. Windoverireland
11. Tero
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009 10:21:36 PM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009 11:29:26 AM »

Pagan it up, please!

Nope. Let the mailman wonder what's going on.

Absolutely!

Whatever floats your boat, I like both. I may use postcards in my altered books though. Wink

Nope, but I don't plan on writing one.

Anything else?
I'm excited to start sketching out ideas! Grin

Sent 6/18!
Figured I'd put this here to maybe make Wind's job easier. Cheesy

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11. Tero
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009 01:07:07 PM by DanniQuee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009 12:20:27 PM »

I sent this morning! June 20th!
Quickie Questionnaire:

Oh why not! It's time I came completely out of the closet! What can they do to me?

Nope - I'm sure the mailman will have apoplexy, but let's have some fun!

Tasteful yes, though I am partial to shiney wangers from a certain witch who shall remain nameless!!!!

I like both and Dani's idea of altered journal use is a great way to keep them forever!!!

Nope but I'm not writing one - I'm saving up for Yule!!

Anything else?
I love the idea of the Faerie Feast for Litha!

PARTICIPANTS LIST:

1.   Rhonda

2.  DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.  Feywalker
8.  Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11. Tero

I got Toby's new address in a pm!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009 05:31:11 AM by Windoverireland » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009 01:36:03 PM »

I think I've got this updated properly.... I'm having a rough week at work, so if not... maybe I'll remember to fix it!  Cheesy

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11.  Tero

Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them? The card can be as Blatant as you like!  

Does the envelope need to be discreet with regards to pagan themes?  Yes please  Undecided

Are you okay with tasteful nudity?  Heck yes I am!

Would you prefer a traditional card or a postcard? Traditional

Do you get sickened by those personal news letters people sometimes include with their cards?  You know... I have yet to receive one in a card, but I guess they'd be just fine!  Cheesy

Anything else?  Yay for another card swap!!  I'll be on time this go round... pinky promise!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009 01:49:20 PM by Jenna_Gayle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009 06:02:21 AM »

As pagantastic as you please  Grin

Nope... I don't give a hoot!

Surely. Shiney wangers all the way!

OO OO I like both, but Danni is a genius! I would so use the postcards in my altered journal!

Certainly not from you guys!!

Anything else?
*Does the card dance*

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11. Tero
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009 07:19:12 AM by LunaKitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009 11:43:49 AM »

1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11.  Tero

Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them? - I love displaying my Pagan cards!!

Does the envelope need to be discreet with regards to pagan themes? - Nope

Are you okay with tasteful nudity? - Yep, especially since they make my teenage boys blush!

Would you prefer a traditional card or a postcard? - Either works for me.

Do you get sickened by those personal newsletters people sometimes include with their cards?  Nope

Anything else?  I just can't wait to get more ... I love getting cards from you guys!!  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 08:56:26 AM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Toby82
Live... Love... and Forgive!!!

Step forth and Spring Ta Life!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009 01:54:15 PM »

Dancing

Twirls

YaY its Fae Tyme weeeeeeeeeeeeee

SENT OUT ON THE 18TH
1.   RondaS
2.   DanniQuee
3.   phnxreign99
4.   Solitaire
5.   Olivegreenspring
6.   LunaKitten
7.   Feywalker
8.   Jenna_Gayle
9.    Toby82
10.  Windoverireland
11.Tero
Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them? - Hahaa I encourage people ta view the glory of our art

Does the envelope need to be discreet with regards to pagan themes? - Pork swords and dilly weingers hahaha make it as festive and one wants too

Are you okay with tasteful nudity? -Ummmm what are clothes???

Would you prefer a traditional card or a postcard? -Either

Do you get sickened by those personal newsletters people sometimes include with their cards?  Nope

Anything else?  I just can't wait to get more ... I love getting cards from you ALL Huggz!!  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009 09:19:47 PM by Toby82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To experience a Rainbow, One must have the rain.... For the sun shines just behind the clouds.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spider Web Cupcakes
Buttercream Frosting
Easy-to-Make Angel Food Cake Recipe
Homemade Salted Caramel Crispy Rice Treat Recipe
How to Make Lemon Curd-Filled Angel Food Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...