A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Burda 7733 into Tripp inspired jeans!!  (Read 8819 times)
Tags for this thread: burda_7733 , jeans  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009 05:44:09 PM »

lol i rarely wear what i make(just like my hoodie, which is found...somewhere, look where i posted on my topics or something), this was a friend who usualyl wears normal blue tripp pants at school and i asked him and pulled him out of class to do a photoshoot. i was captured on picture in a few pictures located on my flickr(search "harrison qiu" tag on there) i did get a haircut, but need to cut it shorter, so that is my "winter" hair, lol sounds like shedding season. anyways, going back to the topic, the simple answer is no, that is not me :p

edit: might as well give you a pic of me....-.- the girl is a friend from school who i asked to model my hoodie i also made

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009 04:05:55 PM by Kanhoro - Reason: added picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUFFYsanjo
Why does D.W. have a bowling ball in her room!?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010 10:17:43 PM »

I just bought this pattern a few weeks ago. What an amazing modification that you have made from the original! Why buy expensive pants when one can make it by oneself?

What were you thinking when you came up for the idea for these? Is there a theme?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To learn more about the race controversy of the upcoming The Last Airbender movie, visit Racebending.com.
jennique
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010 08:00:59 AM »

cute but the mom part of me thinks they look like an accident waiting to happen lol

Same! I was like oh boy that one belt that stretches across the front is a tripping hazard for sure. Of course I am sure the world isn't as clutzy as I am Wink

They are nicely constructed, I've never tried to make jeans before but I have always been tempted. Was it hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010 06:02:32 PM »

I just bought this pattern a few weeks ago. What an amazing modification that you have made from the original! Why buy expensive pants when one can make it by oneself?

What were you thinking when you came up for the idea for these? Is there a theme?
lol the theme is my randomness.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010 06:03:22 PM »

cute but the mom part of me thinks they look like an accident waiting to happen lol

Same! I was like oh boy that one belt that stretches across the front is a tripping hazard for sure. Of course I am sure the world isn't as clutzy as I am Wink

They are nicely constructed, I've never tried to make jeans before but I have always been tempted. Was it hard?

not really. the pattern i followed had the waist belt a bit too ... wide coming out instead of going in hugging the body.. weird. but other then that, just follow the pattern and you will be fine, i finished it in like 2 weeks in my class.. about?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010 08:50:22 PM »

Gonna have to agree with everyone else, those are seriously awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUFFYsanjo
Why does D.W. have a bowling ball in her room!?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010 08:37:32 PM »

Hey, Kanhoro, what size are those pants? The Burda pattern only has sizes 34+. Unfortunately, I'm a 29, so I have major alterations to do. If you altered your pants' size, was it difficult? Did you use a serger or conventional machine? The instructions say to use a regular machine, but I'm planning on using a serger, so yet another modification to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To learn more about the race controversy of the upcoming The Last Airbender movie, visit Racebending.com.
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010 09:08:16 PM »

Hey, Kanhoro, what size are those pants? The Burda pattern only has sizes 34+. Unfortunately, I'm a 29, so I have major alterations to do. If you altered your pants' size, was it difficult? Did you use a serger or conventional machine? The instructions say to use a regular machine, but I'm planning on using a serger, so yet another modification to make.
well i dont think it will be difficult, it is just a normal fitted jeans pattern. as for the serger, you can have it top stitch still i belive, if memory serves me right with the 2 threads or even a 3 thread top stitch and then the regular stitching, you might need to just hand baste a few things but you should be fine? hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TazFromOz

Invisible Bicycle... wait a minute!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010 03:08:23 AM »

They are hot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010 05:22:05 AM »

Wow!
These pants really ooze attitude!

Terrific work, and the "red cross" design on the back of the legs is smashing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Valerie Harper Talks About Her Audiobook I, Rhoda
Manology Cover Shoot With Tyrese and Rev Run
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Crafting Contagious Content Using Triggers
Crafting Contagious Content Using Social Currency
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...