A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for fellow craftster's in Austin Texas!  (Read 2589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kourtney333238
« on: May 19, 2009 06:14:05 PM »

This is a general post for the Austin, Texas area for all craftsters! I am looking for anyone who scrapbooks, crochets, knits, sews, quilts or anything else of the crafty nature. I've been here for 2 years (I hail from Ohio) and unfortunately have yet to meet any one who "crafts". If anyone on here is interested in getting together and crafting let me know! I have trouble staying focused for long periods of time and end up taking wayyyy longer than it should to finish something. I've been sewing for 3 years, knitting and crocheting for 1 and  I just started scrapbooking and quilting about 6 months ago.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Courtney
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cimberb
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009 09:52:38 AM »

Sounds like me. I was born and raised in texas but just moved to austin with my boyfriend. I try to do a little of everything and projects do take longer for me since i cant always keep my focus on it for long. I would love to learn to quilt. I love to scrapbook and work with paper. Knitting and crocheting ive never tried. I can kinda sew but no longer have a sewing machine. I also like to make jewelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently redoing my house-looking for personal swaps to add touches. Smiley
bananais
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009 04:04:37 PM »

I live in Austin and have recently been getting more and more into crafting (mostly paper crafts -- scrapbooking, ATCs, making collages etc). I'd like to get into other media; I've only dabbled in hand-embroidery, pottery, and painting. I would love to learn how to quilt and make wearable clothes, though. As well as make jewelery. Haha, I guess learning any new craft would be great.

Right now I just swap crafts online with fellow "craftsters." But I haven't met many other craftsters in Austin, either; however, I have recently attended crafts fairs and I know fellow craftsters are out there! Perhaps we can start a group?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cimberb
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009 10:13:17 AM »

IM down. lol. I dont have a job and currently looking for a way to fill time plus i need some friends here. =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gaylie
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009 01:04:33 PM »

Try Rio Rita on Thursdays:
http://www.riorita.net/news/

or meetup.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wise
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009 09:32:49 AM »

Also looking for something new to do and a new circle of friends! 

Sewing, random crafts (mainly household FUNCTIONAL items...nothing too cheesy), knitting, crocheting, painting, claywork.  Most of it I'm fairly new to.  I go back and forth from one project to another and have a whole pile full of half-done projects.  I need motivation, just like working out!  Socializing seems to at least make it fun!

I'll check out Rio Rita, but is there anything else out there?  A friend of mine and I used to get together and sew, make dinner and watch movies and that was really fun, but she moved away.  I'm looking for something that is relatively cheap...so purchasing for projects and dinner/drinks is about my budget unless there are some cheap groups/classes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to hear from you for any cool ideas or fun crafty stuff around El Paso, TX.  Feel free to email at account.ew.com (please title it "Craftster").
hanshotfirst

1.21 gigawatts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009 11:11:27 PM »

I was just about to make a similar post! I'm moving to Austin within the next two or so weeks to attend UT. I'm from a small town in New Hampshire, so I've never really had to deal with making new friends since I had known everyone since elementary school. I spent a year in Houston sewing alone in my room, and I'm absolutely adamant about changing that once I get to Austin! I would especially love to meet up with crafty college aged people, but it'd still be awesome to get together with anyone who shares a love of crafting. I mainly sew and embroider, but I'm really trying to improve my knitting and crochet skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eveneve
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009 08:22:20 AM »

what day and time is good for everyone (I currently am free all times of all days except before 2pm on sundays, I suggest 2pm to whenever on saturdays for those who work or go to school), we could make a meetup.com profile to keep up with each other. A suggestion for a loaction to get together is :

the Green Muse Cafe
519 Oltorf Street West, Austin, TX

it is a coffee shop , they have wifi, it is in south austin, also have good food, beer and wine, so something for everyone. Anyone up for this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladylove
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010 09:59:53 PM »

I will have to keep an eye on this thread. I may be moving to austin in the next few months!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where ever you go, there you are.
Cimberb
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010 03:59:39 PM »

what day and time is good for everyone (I currently am free all times of all days except before 2pm on sundays, I suggest 2pm to whenever on saturdays for those who work or go to school), we could make a meetup.com profile to keep up with each other. A suggestion for a loaction to get together is :

the Green Muse Cafe
519 Oltorf Street West, Austin, TX

it is a coffee shop , they have wifi, it is in south austin, also have good food, beer and wine, so something for everyone. Anyone up for this?

I would be willing to go to this meetup. Let me know if a meetup profile is made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Are the Differences Between North and South Indian Food
How to Make Tandoori Chicken
How Pappadam Is Used in Indian Food
How to Cook Thai-Style Chicken Noodles
How to Make Thai Fried Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...