A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personality Box Help  (Read 615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftsy
« on: May 18, 2009 06:05:47 PM »

My mums birthday is coming up and I would like to make her a small box and fill it with different bits of decorated card and trinkets.

It is hard to explain but basically it till be in the form of a cigarette type box (lid flips open, though around 4x6 size).
Inside will be a variety of cards each with a word, eg kindness with perhaps people hugging, thoughtfulness and a pic of a cupcake.

Problem being I am not sure how to make a box like this that is strong. I also have trouble thinking up other cards ideas and small gifts I can include.

Any ideas?

Oops this needs moved to paper crafts, sorry!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 06:29:46 PM by Craftsy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spiffyhink
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009 01:49:34 PM »

Well making the box is usually the easy part--you can find several tutorials online, I'm sure--but it's getting the materials that's difficult. I'd save your cereal/snack boxes for a couple of weeks (or longer, depending on your diet). If those aren't strong enough you can layer them together. Keep an eye out for other types of cardboard you would usually throw away.

You can always include small bits of jewelry, small scented candles, photographs, pocket mirrors, keychain fobs, maybe some candy? I once made a series of cards for my aunt that had inspirational/positive messages: "I can do this," "Pamper yourself," etc. Try searching the web for inspirational quotes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009 05:41:11 PM »

You could ask at a cigar shop - a friend was able to buy dozens of them for $1 each - they even saved them for her.

Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Craftsy
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009 08:44:34 PM »

Thanks for the tips, I have been searching for the 'perfect' tutorial for a box, maybe I just need to pick one already Cheesy

I never even thought of the cigar box idea, that would be cool to see if any where sold them for reasonable prices. I even think my husbands brother occasionally smokes cigars, maybe I will see if he has some. Though this needs shipped to England, not sure how much that would be Tongue

I think I am going to make this a long project and give it to her for Christmas lol. I have so many new ideas to include it is not going to be ready for her birthday in mid June.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red, White and Blue Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Portobello and Cheddar Pork Sausage Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno-Stuffed Hot Dogs Recipe
Enjoy a Fried Chicken Dinner at Oyster Palace in Washington, DC
How to Make Bacon and Maple Baked Beans
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...