A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hearting items on etsy  (Read 3070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

navyfamily4
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009 12:12:13 PM »

I heart things to send other people to see them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010 05:30:39 PM »

I heart items that I really like as a thumbs up for the artist. I heart them to remember them later to purchase for friends. I heart items that inspire me. For me it's a combo shopping list/way of giving feedback to a seller.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
lorelei
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011 10:24:30 AM »

I think it just stems from the rise in social networking and it is another way to cross link everything.  Though I look at it as almost like a name drop.  Even if I can't buy the item yet or don't plan on it, I feel like if I heart something, I might create the traffic that person needs to buy it.  It's like wearing a brand name shirt.  I also heart things that I hope my roommates or sister or parents will check out when it comes time to give me presents Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fancy Dodo
Like my storenvy on facebook!
Read my blog!
Pinterested?
CeeJayRose
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011 05:55:29 PM »

Personally...I can't afford it usually. lol I heart it so that it's there whenever I have the money and I can come back later. At least that's usually it. Or I find it super awesome.

But generally I heart things to create a wish list that I can refer back to whenever I can actually buy something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZenMonkey
Addicted to floss

This is Zen. She's a monkey.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011 01:01:49 PM »

I heart items that I really like as a thumbs up for the artist. I heart them to remember them later to purchase for friends. I heart items that inspire me. For me it's a combo shopping list/way of giving feedback to a seller.

Well said. That's how I use it as well. I've also hearted shops I haven't even bought from. I think many of us who browse Etsy would go broke swiftly if we bought everything we hearted. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Newly-Nerfed.net is a place for skepticism, disability, and assorted geekery. Or visit my cross-stitch photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/thezenmonkey/.
achgfd
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011 01:10:57 AM »

on one of the etsy teams I'm in somebody said- I can't remember who it was- about the hearting and lack of sales as:

There are a lot of sellers compared to buyers on etsy. If it were a place I imagine it would be a long street of beautiful shops and the shop keepers would go into each other shops and praise the good work, but only occasionally buying anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...