A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,323
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bottle Tealight Lantern  (Read 601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« on: May 17, 2009 09:38:54 PM »

So my mom and I went to a Signature and Homestyles party the other night, and they had these outdoor lanterns that reminded me of glass bottles. This is the closest thing I could find to what they looked like: http://www.questinteriors.ie/Garden%20Furniture/Candles,%20Candleholders,%20Lanterns%20&%20Lighting/BJ056.jpg
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about how to go about the bottom. After cutting the bottom off I have no idea what to do without having the metal piece on the bottom. Is there any way to get the same effect without the metal piece? I was hoping to make something similar out of glass coke bottles since weve got a bunch of them laying around now. I also wouldnt be using REAL candles, Id be using the LED ones that run off batteries but they are the same size I think. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009 10:12:23 AM »

Someone asked a few months ago (last year maybe?) on what to do with some old starbucks bottles and I explained and drew a picture of a hanging lantern I had seen at a store in Italy.

Basically, the bottom was cut off and sanded a bit while this metal piece was inserted up from the bottom and out the lip. It wouldn't be too hard to get thick craft wire and bend it into shape. They then used a twine-ish/hemp rope to create the net that draped over it and small chips of gems and shells for decoration.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009 10:14:28 AM by SkyyAngel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009 11:14:38 AM »

Thank you for replying! Thats an awesome idea! Ill probably try that thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Ham & Onion Omelet
How to make Mac Attack
NY Strip Steak & Potatoes with Chef John Schenk
How to Cook a Tuna Fish
How to Make Smoked, Barbecued Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...