A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quick! Last minute picnic  (Read 648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahsALoser
The Duchess of Dork

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2009 09:55:46 PM »

So we're planning a picnic on the fly for friday afternoon. Besides fried chicken I have no idea what one brings to a picnic but I know the other girl is planning something creative because she asked if I was allergic to pineapples or pistachios so ... SOS HELP! I need picnic food ideas! Preferably something that can be made on the cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can wist with the best of them.

I'm on LJ too find me, I'm SarahsALoser
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009 12:00:21 AM »

Finger sandwiches! Little itty bitty sammiches held together with a toothpick, ya know?

Um... If this were MY picnic, I'd bring pickles and maybe those little sweet pickled onions, pumpernickle bread to eat them with, definitely traditional green coleslaw! Oooh, or if you like your coleslaw adventurous, make a slaw using cauliflower instead of cabbage Cheesy Huh, that's a lot of things with vinegar in them, LOL!

Fruit salad! I love clementines in my fruit salad instead of oranges, as well as concorde grapes sliced in half. But like the slaw it has to sit for a day to be really good.

Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009 07:06:39 AM »

Potato salad is always good, and easy to make.  It's just potatoes, eggs, pickles and mayo.  Or you can get real creative and add shredded carrots, chopped celery, and onions.

Also, grapes are about as easy as it gets.  Just about any fruit is good for a picnic. 

And breadsticks are easy and cheap.  And if you get the bake and serve kind, they are even fast.  You can spruce them up a bit by brushing them with olive oil and sprinkling them with a little sea salt before you bake them.

I hope your picnic is a big success.  Have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomico
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009 03:40:04 PM »

I'm not sure how much you want to spend but you could make a spaghetti salad or pasta salad of some sort. Sun dried tomatoes in oil, artichoke hearts, olives, chopped onions, cubed sausage or ham, crumbled feta cheese and of course some sort of cooked pasta. If the flavor of the items you make isn't enough, add Italian dressing. I've eaten this hot or cold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie_C
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009 09:25:06 AM »

Banana Pudding is always an excellent dessert and its not too difficult. My boyfriend's mom's recipe is the one I've started using and its really easy. I also second the potato salad, except I make mine with just Potato, onion, green pepper and mayo. Super simple.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristin Kimball Discusses the Dirty Life
Lisa Lampanelli Talks About Her Audiobook Chocolate, Please
Life with Author Annie Leonard
Meet Spiritual Guru Michael Beckwith
NFL Coach Brian Billick On More Than a Game
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...