A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,920
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Charm Pack Swap--Stash bust that fabric! (US Only)  (Read 3010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009 12:20:14 AM »

I'm obsessed with that line.  I've bought 5 charm packs and have a wishlist cart saved on Fatquartershop.com FULL of wonderland... eeeeeee!

oh man! Do you know what you're going to do with it? Or just had to have it? It is sooo fun! And, it took me a while to realize, but the purse on the cover of Quilts & More magazine (spring 09) is made with those fabrics! I bought 2 1/2 yards total of 3 different fabrics, and I need more.

I wouldn't be able to do this until after the 30th. I'm doing a craft show on the 30th of this month and am concentrating on my inventory for that as well as business cards/promotional materials, etc.  Plus, I don't have time/funds to get some fabric together...and the stuff from whoopdedoo_5 is coming THIS weekend.

I'd love to participate...can we try for the first or second week in June?

Sooo, if June 22 works for you and nobody else has any objections than we should be good to go! I am waiting on feedback from a completed swap, but will start sign-ups this week as soon as that slot is open.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009 12:20:40 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009 04:59:08 AM »

That date works fabulous. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009 03:51:30 PM »

I think this sounds like something I would love to be in. I just got my first (well 3) charm packs in the mail also some strip rolls and layer cakes. They are sooooo pretty I don't want to break them open!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009 03:51:51 PM »

Naughty chimes! I had to go to fatquartershop and I bought stuff!

Question for you guys~I just realized that I have a layer cake which co-ordinates with the colors I am probably going to do for this. Problem is, it has that tiny pinking around the edges, so if I cut it into 5 inch squares each one would have two pinked edges and 2 straight edges. Would that be too hard to work with? I totally don't have to use it, but it is nice fabric and would go well with some other stuff. My pinking shears are regular sized, so if I pinked the inner cuts then there would be some loss of fabric, and it still wouldn't match up with the tiny pinking marks on the outer edges. Let me know what ya think please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009 03:52:55 PM »

I think this sounds like something I would love to be in. I just got my first (well 3) charm packs in the mail also some strip rolls and layer cakes. They are sooooo pretty I don't want to break them open!

Ha, I know, right? The layer cake I just mentioned I pretty much have kept tied up, but I occasionally take it out and look at the fabrics and re-arrange them and tie it back together!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009 04:16:51 PM »

I'm obsessed with that line.  I've bought 5 charm packs and have a wishlist cart saved on Fatquartershop.com FULL of wonderland... eeeeeee!

oh man! Do you know what you're going to do with it? Or just had to have it? It is sooo fun! And, it took me a while to realize, but the purse on the cover of Quilts & More magazine (spring 09) is made with those fabrics! I bought 2 1/2 yards total of 3 different fabrics, and I need more.
Nope. I haven't bought it yet...I just have it saved in a wishlist cart for safe-keeping...and if I make a killing at my craft show, I'm going to blow it all on the fabric.

I don't know what I'll do with it...but I do JUST have to have it. Wink

I wouldn't be able to do this until after the 30th. I'm doing a craft show on the 30th of this month and am concentrating on my inventory for that as well as business cards/promotional materials, etc.  Plus, I don't have time/funds to get some fabric together...and the stuff from whoopdedoo_5 is coming THIS weekend.

I'd love to participate...can we try for the first or second week in June?

Sooo, if June 22 works for you and nobody else has any objections than we should be good to go! I am waiting on feedback from a completed swap, but will start sign-ups this week as soon as that slot is open.

June 22 works for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009 04:18:04 PM »

Naughty chimes! I had to go to fatquartershop and I bought stuff!

Question for you guys~I just realized that I have a layer cake which co-ordinates with the colors I am probably going to do for this. Problem is, it has that tiny pinking around the edges, so if I cut it into 5 inch squares each one would have two pinked edges and 2 straight edges. Would that be too hard to work with? I totally don't have to use it, but it is nice fabric and would go well with some other stuff. My pinking shears are regular sized, so if I pinked the inner cuts then there would be some loss of fabric, and it still wouldn't match up with the tiny pinking marks on the outer edges. Let me know what ya think please!

Do we have to do pinked edges?  Do they sell a rotary tool that does that? Just curious what you guys think. I'm new to the quilt world so I'm not sure what the diff. is between pinked and non-pinked edges...I'm sure there's a big one though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009 10:30:17 PM »

No, I don't think you need to pink the edges when you are cutting yardage or fat quarters up for this swap. My plan was to definitely just cut them with my rotary cutter!

But when you buy charm packs or layer cakes they are cut with tiny pinked edges so they don't ravel during transit/in store/whatever I guess. So, if I cut the layer cake into quarters it would be the correct size of 5"x5" but the edges I cut would be straight and the pre-cut edges would be pinked. So that might be weird to work with?

Woo, I hope you rock your craft sale so you can buy tons of fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009 09:08:09 PM »

I love the idea of this swap!  I don't think my stash is large enough though so I may have to purchase some more fabric. June 22 works for me.  May a make a suggestion?  Can we have groups of 4 rather than 6?  It would be better for my budget that way.  Either way I will most likely participate.   Roll Eyes

Also, last summer there was a similar swap, 5" Fabric Charm Swap. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250815.0
There were 13 participants and each one sent 10 squares to the 12 others.  There were color guidelines in the questionnaire but I got a crazy hodge podge of fabrics and still have most.  I had wanted to piece them all together for a lap quilt, but it would have been too chaotic for my tastes.  So I really like the idea of each person saying what colors they can send in the beginning!  Cheesy

One more thing, I have two rotary cutters-one straight edge and one pinking.  I can use either, if anyone has a preference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009 09:37:10 PM »

I looked through the gallery for that swap and there are some crazy fabric sets that were sent out. 

Mare Mare- are you suggesting that we send out a coordinating set of 40 charms?  Or just any 40?  I thought I would be sending (and receiving) a coordinating set.  Maybe I just assumed that because that is what you see in the stores.  I don't know that I could do much with a hodge-podge of 40 random fabrics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Photographing Birds of Prey
Photographing Moorland Birds
Photographing Birds in Song
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...