A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Charm Pack Swap--Stash bust that fabric! (US Only)  (Read 2555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009 01:11:08 PM »

i would love to do this and i have a bunch of coordinating fabrics that would be awesome for this but i live in canada. can i suggest something or maybe just bring attention to it . . . if you opened the swap up to North America then canadians could join. at most there might be 2 canadians to 15 americans (likely less) and the expense of shipping one 40 peice charm pack to canada would be approx 3.00 as opposed to 1.50 for domestic. the pricey shipping would land in the laps of the canadians, but at most it would be about 3.00 per charm pack for us as well, but most canadians who join a swap like this will do so with the understanding that the shipping will be more for them.

eta - i just used usps.com to calculate postage of a large envelope weighing 8 ozs to canada and postage for first class international is 2.85 and from canada to the usa useing canadapost.ca a oversized envelope will go for 3.57.

please dont shut us canadians out of an awesome swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009 02:18:32 PM »

Ooh, me, me!!   Just to clarify we would make 5 sets of 40 squares to send out, right? 
 If I can work it around the wedding madness I am all over it.  I am gonna have to get my Wonderland charm pack online since Fabric Depot was out. 
Would I be able to use vintage linens?  Would anyone be interested in those?  I just picked up a bunch at some garage sales on Fri. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009 02:43:51 PM »

but i live in canada. can i suggest something or maybe just bring attention to it . . . if you opened the swap up to North America then canadians could join. at most there might be 2 canadians to 15 americans (likely less) and the expense of shipping one 40 peice charm pack to canada would be approx 3.00 as opposed to 1.50 for domestic.

Sorry, gonna keep it US only for this one for a quick turn around time.

Ooh, me, me!!   Just to clarify we would make 5 sets of 40 squares to send out, right? 
 If I can work it around the wedding madness I am all over it.  I am gonna have to get my Wonderland charm pack online since Fabric Depot was out. 
Would I be able to use vintage linens?  Would anyone be interested in those?  I just picked up a bunch at some garage sales on Fri. 

Yep, sending 5 packs of 40 squares was the initial idea, but I'm totally open to suggestions if people think other numbers would work better. Less people in a group or a different number of squares?? I don't know if 30 squares would be better?

What kind of dates are people thinking? I could get this up soon or wait a couple weeks, whatever. I think we definitely only need about 2 weeks to send out after sign-ups are over...maybe less. If I got this posted in the next couple days it would put the send-out date around June 9 I think, allowing one full week for sign-ups. Good, bad, suggestions?

I think vintage lines would be fine! I just want to keep the quality high, you know, not any of that flimsy kinda see-through cotton that you see occasionally.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 02:50:04 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009 01:19:11 PM »

If you stick with those dates, I will have to sit this round out.  I am going to be out of town for the wedding from the 2nd-11th.  So send outs would fall in the middle of my trip and I don't think I can squeeze in the cutting before that.  Too much stuff to do!! 

But def. keep those dates if they work for everyone else and I will join up next go around!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
Wisty Goodness
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009 01:51:09 PM »

I felt the burning need to buy some momo wonderland fabric yesterday! Drool!

I'm obsessed with that line.  I've bought 5 charm packs and have a wishlist cart saved on Fatquartershop.com FULL of wonderland... eeeeeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009 01:53:13 PM »

I'd be up for this. AND I'd be up for the vintage fabrics for whoever asked.

whoopdedoo_5 is graciously giving me some of her stash, so I'm sure I'll be able to come up with the charm packs for this. If not, I'll be buying to do so and building my stash at the same time.

I'm excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009 02:25:52 PM »

I havent heard anyone else say anything about the dates, I am fine pushing it out. How about sendouts on the 22nd? Would that be enough time after you came klum? Everyone else? I'll tweak sign-ups to be a little longer too probably, but will open it up pretty soon I think. Would anyone also be interested in having the option of swapping some fq's along with the charm packs? Not sure how that woulf work as far as putting people in groups, but I'm gonna think about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009 02:32:53 PM »

I wouldn't be able to do this until after the 30th. I'm doing a craft show on the 30th of this month and am concentrating on my inventory for that as well as business cards/promotional materials, etc.  Plus, I don't have time/funds to get some fabric together...and the stuff from whoopdedoo_5 is coming THIS weekend.

I'd love to participate...can we try for the first or second week in June?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009 02:45:00 PM »

Sorry, I meant sendouts would be june 22. That work?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009 11:39:38 PM »

I think those dates would work for me.  I went back to Fabric Depot today (the outside sale was closed on Sat.)  They have a lot of good stuff on sale.  I want to go back and pick up some things for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create A Map in Photoshop
How to Make a Twitter Logo in Photoshop
How to Use GIMP Freeware Image Editor
How to Convert Images Into Icons in Gimp
How to Make Animated Wallpapers in Gimp
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...