Swap name: Embroided Tote/Bag!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: PerachYafeh
Co-organizer: barbolotSign-up date range
: May 15th to May 29th (Friday-Friday)Date to send item by: July
11 18(Saturday)Limited to a certain number of people? 24 30Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NOAge requirement? See guidelines NEWBIES ARE WELCOMED IN THIS SWAP! (1 month of membership + 15 posts required) Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YESSwap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESDetails of swap:
Who doesnĂ˘â‚¬â„˘t love a TOTE/BAG andĂ‚Â little surprises?! TOTE/BAG the ultimate accessory for the crafty YOU! For this swap we will be embroidering or cross-stitching a TOTE/BAGĂ‚Â , plus making a little something else. The TOTE/BAG can be sewed by you OR can be store bought (so more people that do not know how to sew/no time to sew could join us). So for this Swap 2 items will be made in total, but if you and your partner agree to do more thatĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s fine, just please make sure to communicate so you both end up happy with what you receive. Please do not go overboard. This is a relatively small swap, so we can have some quick and easy fun. Rules and other info for this swap:
Once partners are assigned please post an update in this thread once a week. You donĂ˘â‚¬â„˘t have to write more than your crafting progress (status 50%) or even just Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“checking inĂ˘â‚¬Âť if you donĂ˘â‚¬â„˘t want to. People who post weekly are less likely to flake. DO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE THREAD AND YOUR PARTNER.
- One week before send-outs I will PM everyone to make sure everythingĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s going okay, see if you will be sending late, etc. If you will be sending late you MUST notify both me and your partner ahead!
- Delivery Confirmation must be purchased unless sending out of the country in which case you must get, and keep, a receipt. Please send me a picture of your receipt if you cannot do DC#s.
- When sending PMs please label them as“ETB Swap + TAG with one of the following tags
* ETB (Embroided Tote/Bag!)
So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read "ETBSwap - Approval". When notifying me about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question label it as that. This will keep things organized for me. Please do not forget the tag.
- I will set up a gallery once the first person has shipped. Please post pictures when your package arrives. Your partner put a lot of work into crafting for you! They deserve a little recognition! I will not leave feedback until pictures are posted. It is always a good idea to take pictures of your package before you send just in case your partner doesn't have a camera or cannot post pictures for some reason.
- FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP! This is how it will be done:
Great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
Good/Poor communication:where applicable
Sent late/early: where applicable
Did not follow shipping rule: failed to comply with the shipping rules
Didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
Swappers will receive temporary negative feedback if:
- it is one week past send-outs and you are out of communication.
- It is two weeks past send-outs and you have not yet sent, regardless of the communication with me and your partner.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: NEWBIES ARE WELCOMED IN THIS SWAP! 1 month of membership + 15 posts required) ĄĄĄ The Embroidery & Sewing craft scale ĄĄĄ
Know more than 8 stitches, can work fast. Have worked in more than 15 pieces in the last 2 years.Intermediate:
Know more than 5, can work moderately fast. Have worked in more than 10 pieces in the last 2 years.Beginner:
know basic stitches, and look forward of learning at least 3 fancy stitches : ) soon. Still working on the first batch on embroidery. Also this will be your first try at embroidery!! YAY.SewingNewbie:
This is my first, or one of the very first pieces in sewing and I a looking forward to learn some mad stuff in my future! I know a few of the sewing lingo stuff.Getin':
I have worked a few pieces. I am getting there with the technical things (pintucks, darts, and pleats). I also know how to whip a zipper and all that supposedly scary stuff. I have worked in simple garments (pillow form dresses alike), simple accessories (tote bags, hobos, etc) and home decor (pillow, curtains, ec). I know that kind of lingo...the sewing lingo.Whiz:
I have been sewing fo-re-ver and I have made a ton of pieces including garments, accessories and home decor. I know a little of the technical things like au couture style ( or maybe just pintucks
). I speak sewing lingo fluently.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE QUESTIONS BELLOW. MAKE SURE ALL QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED BEFORE HITTING SEND. USE THE SCALE ABOVE TO ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTIONS.¤ QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER ¤Name of swap: Embroided Tote/Bag!
◊ Craftster username
◊ Email address
◊ Name and mailing address including the country
◊ Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
◊ Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
◊ Allergies (pets, smoke, etc.)?
◊ Do you live in a house with allergens (pets, smoke, etc.) please list?
◊ Would like to be an angel (in case we need one yes/no):
◊ Favorite colors:
◊ Not so favorite colors:
◊ Would you like TOTE/BAG or surprise?
◊ What would be the main purpose of your TOTE/BAG ?
◊Ă‚Â What kind of things would you like on your TOTE/BAG (type of closure, pockets, handles Ă˘â‚¬â€ś easy here, remember this swap is mean to be fun not to stress your partner! ?
◊ Do you mind receiving a store bought TOTE/BAG?
◊ Do you embroider, cross-stitch or both?
◊ Would you like to receive embroidery, cross-stitch or both?
◊ Embroidery/Cross stitch skills (beginner, intermediary, advanced*) check the scale above:
◊ Would you? Be making the Tote/Bag /or be getting a store bought Tote/Bag :
◊ Sewing skills (Newbie, Gettin', Whiz*) check the scale above:
◊ I LIKE (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:
◊ I DON'T like (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:
◊ My little thing something good could be...: please list (pincushion, pencil case, book cover, a simpler grocery bag surprise me or etc)
◊ Tell us about yourself (let it all! Nice tips of designs and patterns you might have loved at first sight):
◊ Please list (if you have) the addresses of Blog, Wist, Etsy, and others:
◊ Can you take pics and post asap after you get your pack?
◊ Anything else you like me or your partner to know?
◊ Do you have inspiration links for your partner? Please list here:
◊ If the number of people in the swap ends up odd; would you mind being in a group of 3? Example: A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A