A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handspun Yarn & Fiber Swap Round 2 (SIGNUPS CLOSED, SEND OUTS July 11, 2009)  (Read 39575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2009 06:27:20 PM »

Soooo I tried to spin some medium-to-bulky yarn today. Didn't work out so well. :\ I just want to spin some smoooooooth bulky singles. But no, it still looks like noob yarn. >_< well not toooo nooby. But it's still pretty, I can't wait for Friday heh.

Now I'm spinning some red and black corriedale destined to be a fingering weight 2-ply...I'm muuuuch better at the finer weight stuff. Go figure. :O I'm excited about this yarn though, I'm going to make it into a lacey neckwarmer-collar thing, kind of vampire-esque. Tongue Woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I hang out in: Fiber Arts, Needlework, and the Swap Board!

My Etsy: Illumine Artisan Works
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2009 08:00:21 PM »

Can't wait to see those yarns oddacity!

I did my very first roving dye job today- yay!

And...I just clicked the "Buy Now" button for my wheel.  Lips sealed  So...excited...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theboythatspins

If you don't knit, you must aquit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2009 08:02:34 PM »

CONGRATS freestyle!!! But you must know, you may now never have your soul back from the spinning gods *dun dun dun!!!* haha <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I USED TO BE 007lucious_lips!!!!! I MOVED!

If you're happy and you know it say a swear; Boobs, Hiney, MITTENS!
     www.livejournal.com/users/obscura_lamia
Check out the blog for my photography and crafts...and don't forget silly high school drama
                     <3Brandonlicious
oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2009 09:11:27 PM »

Yay freestyle! So happy for you!!! Cheesy

Also awesome job on the roving! (my favorite is the blue one, I am completely OBSESSED with that color at the moment...I've bought so many clothes lately that are that color, I need more variety lol Tongue) Are you going to spin them all separately or mix them together, or do you know yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2009 09:14:50 PM »

Ahhhh! Sweeeeeeeet! Buy it now! Buy it now! That must have been completely exhilarating.  Grin

I'm loving the red and teal rovings in particular, but they're all awesome. Now, you must tell us how you dyed and all about the process.

theboythatspins - What's your current craft blog? I'm trying to follow everyone and I see that on your blog it says you've moved it, but the posts are all older. So I was wondering which one you actually post on at this point. Smiley

Anyone else have a crafty blog they don't have on their signature or profile? I'm obsessed with following crafty blogs and reading them later. It's a never ending source of fun.  Grin

I just got back from a family bbq. It was a lot of fun. We just don't do it enough and I hope we have more this summer. Anybody doing anything fun to celebrate the veterans tomorrow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2009 10:13:16 PM »

freestyle, those dyed rovings are lovely!  And congrats on getting a wheel Smiley

Back from the fiber festival...and I, erm, went a little overboard with my fiber purchases Cheesy  I also found a used drum carder for next to nothing.  As soon as I got home, I made my first batt!  Whoo!  I can't wait to make more Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2009 10:22:57 PM »

Whheeeeeeeeee- enable those crafty feelings...come to the craft side...Woohoo a new wheel, fun with dyeing, fiber festivals, etc and a cheap drum carder...and who says we are having a recession...viva la crafting revolution!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2009 10:31:55 PM »

Tongue economy! I needs me some equipments too!  Cheesy

But seriously, it's a good investment........Muahahaha!!

For real though, it's good for your mental health........ Wink

These are all of my reasonings.  Grin

I love the snot out of fiber arts. I honestly, have never felt so passionate about anything next to my daughter & husband. That I'm not joking about. It's been really nice to have something I know I really enjoy. I've been a person who's been really iffy on what I like and will stick with. I can't see myself becoming bored with fiber, ever.

I'm totally psyched for freestyle. She deserves a wheel because she's awesome. She's making my first swap organizing a breeze by being help when I need it. She deserves a virtual cupcake. (I noticed that there's a lot of exchanging of virtual desserts on Craftster. I enjoy that...lol)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009 10:32:28 PM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2009 11:05:57 PM »

I love the snot out of fiber arts. I honestly, have never felt so passionate about anything next to my daughter & husband. That I'm not joking about. It's been really nice to have something I know I really enjoy. I've been a person who's been really iffy on what I like and will stick with. I can't see myself becoming bored with fiber, ever.

Oh man, same here. There's a lot of things I love to do but have a hard time sticking with. I love art, and I say I supposedly want to do something with it for a living, but honestly I haven't drawn in ages and sometimes it feels like a chore for me. Knitting's been something I've been doing off and on for about ten years now, and up until last year it was the same as everything else, something I liked to do but was sometimes too lazy to make the effort to. But at the beginning of the year I made the promise to myself to knit at least five days out of the week, and very soon after that I realized that it's not a chore for me anymore. I love it so passionately and can honestly say that it's the one thing in life I have that I will never get tired of or be too lazy for. And, very recently fiber has been sucked into that as well. I'm so happy that I have something I can finally say that about, because for the longest time I didn't, and felt a little bit ashamed with myself for being very non-committal about things. But not anymore. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2009 11:36:07 PM »

oddacity - That is exactly how I feel. I didn't do well in college and it's been very embarrassing until now. I just realized that I really, really had no idea what I wanted in life at that point. Now that I have my daughter and I look at her little face every day, I know it's important to show her to follow her dreams and believe in herself. I really didn't have a lot of that as a little girl. I come from an odd, good but odd family. Oh the stories I could tell, but won't. lol Anyway, creativity wasn't encouraged to me specifically. I really want her to thrive on being creative in whatever way she wants to. So hopefully, by getting really involved in all of this, I'll be able to set a good example and make us all happy in the long run. I don't mean to sound all sappy, but these conversations really give me a chance to reflect and I really do enjoy the fiber arts boards and people of Craftster. Last night I wrote a totally sappy blog about how much I love blogging and fiber arts. I'm just doing it again here tonight. lol  Roll Eyes

Oh and I don't know who it was complementing Cyndi on her knowledge, but she sent me a link I loved so much I had to blog about her last night. So Cyndi, know you've been blogged about, but only in the best way possible.  Grin

I told Nesse this earlier in the week, but I'd really like to start doing short fiber artist interviews on my blog. I hope that all of you would want to participate at some point. Smiley I think it could be fun.

Phew....So there you go.  Roll Eyes I need to go to bed. I'm just jabbering now.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Animation - Photoshop CS3
How to Design a Haunted House Part 2/3
Clone Yourself in Sony Vegas
How To Make A Light Saber Effect In Sony Vegas
How to Create a Night Vision Effect in Sony Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...