Swap name: Handspun Yarn and/or Fiber Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: SewMamaLady
, co-organizer freestyle
Sign-up date range: May 14th-May 29th, 2009
Date to send item by: July 11, 2009
Limited to a certain number of people?: 50
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO - Please be aware that unless you specifically indicate you do not wish to ship outside of your country, you are agreeing to ship internationally.
Age requirement? 13 - Please sign up for this swap only if you are sure you are able to meet the time and item requirements. Spinning and acquiring fiber are time/money consuming. We want all partners to be happy partners.
Feedback will be given for this swap when both partners have received and posted in the gallery. Link to Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308729.0
-------------------Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES (freestyle)
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES/NO
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap:
Another swap for all fiber lovers. Whether you're just wanting to trade fiber or you're wanting to spin someone some handspun yarn or a little of both!! This is the swap for you! We'll be spinning and oooing and aaaing over eachother's loot. Please carefully read the questions and the requirements to ensure a good time is had by all.
You may have two partners in this swap. However, if you have any instances of 'poor swapping' documented in your feedback (such as 'no communication' 'did not craft in the spirit of the swap') or numerous instances of sending very late, I ask that you only craft for one partner. Organizers hold the right to turn down a swapper on this option due to poor feedback. You may have no more than two partners. If you choose to do this, please indicate on your questionnaire that you would prefer to swap with two partners and what you are willing to send to those two partners.
(fiber only, more yarn & less fiber, more fiber & less yarn, equal yarn & equal fiber) Please be specific. This will help us as organizers. Enabling this option makes everything more complicated, so please work with us. Please only choose this option if you are sure that you can send both of your packages on time and that they will be of equal quality to each other (not allowing the package content quality to diminish because you are now over committed.)
REQUIREMENTS: One of the following:
- minimum 3 oz. fiber, 1 oz. yarn
- minimum 3 oz. yarn, 1 oz. fiber
- minimum 2 oz yarn, 2 oz. fiber
- minimum 4 oz. fiber
A medium handcrafted item that is spinning/fiber related based on your partner's interests
* Fibers and yarns can match or not, depending on you & your partners preferences.
Ideas for medium items: something made from handspun yarns, a drop spindle, handmade tools for spinning on wheels or plying, a diz, a PVC niddy noddy, trinkets for plying, put together by hand plying & spinning goody bags, hand dyed/carded fiber (fiber must be manipulated/dyed by you to count as a crafted item), clever containers for fiber or yarn, fiber arts lap towels and blankets, collections of natural dye stuffs...The possibilities are endless.
Last discussion & closed sign-up page:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281111.0
Last round gallery:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=287806.0Please be aware that in this swap we will be hoping for:
- Weekly check-ins within the discussion thread, just so we know everyone is having a nice time. Check in with your partner at least....
- Good communication between partners and organizers. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or for help. We would rather know there are issues than wonder what is going on with swappers.
- To notify organizers if you will be sending late. This is important.
- For partners to take pictures and post in the gallery.
- For partners to be respectful of each others skill levels. We are not all experts, a lot of us are quite new at all of this!
If you want to participate, send this information to the organizer (SewMamaLady
Name of Swap: Handspun Yarn and/or Fiber Swap Round 2
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in the correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES/NO
Confirm that are at least 13 years old: YES/NO
What do you prefer to swap?
A. more yarn, less fiber
B. more fiber, less yarn
C. equal fiber, equal yarn
D. fiber only
Would you mind having a partner who only wants fiber if you are a handspinner?
If you only want fiber, are you able/willing to send your partner handspun?
Do you wish to swap with 2 partners? What are you willing to send to your second partner?
Do you want to craft over the minimum and include extras?
Do you have any common home allergies? Such as pets, cigarettes, etc.
Do you have any allergens in your home? Such as pets, cigarettes, etc.
Do you have any allergies to specific fibers?
What are your favorite fiber colors?
Do you have any colors that you specifically do not like?
What are your favorite fibers?
How do you like your fibers?
How do you like to/are you able to prepare fibers?
Do you want to swap luxury fibers or just wool? If so, which ones? What can you send?
If you are a hand spinner, do you use a wheel or a spindle? What are your tools?
Do you knit, crochet, weave or needle felt?
If you are a hand spinner, do you like to spin certain type/weights of yarn? Art yarns, sock yarns, etc.
If you want yarn, do you like certain types of yarn? Art yarns, sock yarns, etc.
Do you have any favorite things/subjects?
Is there anything else you feel your partner should know about you?
If you don't mind, will you indicate your level of spinning? (We have swappers who would like to be paired with beginners.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.