A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, Second Quarter 2009  (Read 16018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 01, 2009 11:07:36 AM »

Inserted by sweets4ever! Smiley

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each month a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within this quarter of the year, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...

dichotomy and I recently did a nice little swap.

She very kindly sent me a set of size 7 bamboo DPN's and threw in some lovely teas for me to try as well  Grin

I sent her some bits and pieces(along with some Scottish munchies) which I hope will arrive soon.

Thanks dichotomy  Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009 12:05:51 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009 02:38:13 PM »

You're very welcome! I can't wait to get your Scottish goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dolly Mixx
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009 12:53:42 PM »

Prepare for a pic overload, i recieved my MYB from Persephone Hazard today, and it was super amazing!

Firstly, a group shot before I unwound the ball! " sets of Candy notecards<3, chocolate, a match stick drawer and some interesting looking packets.

Inside the matchstick drawer were tonnes of cute charms and bits and bobs..

Look at all the pink! I love the bow charms so much!

In one of the interesting looking packets was this gorgeous smelling and looking soap! A pink heart with glitter! How adorable-I don't want to spoil it by using it!

In another packet was this soap, which smells equally as nice, and reminds me a little of flan!

My favourite thing though, was in a packet made of recyled plastic bags, and turned out to be these gorgeous bath bombs!

Look at the petals! They are so lovely, I am really envious of anyone who can do bath stuff, and seriously, this made my day, and I hadn't evene started on the MYB yet!

I started unwinding the lovely wool(pictures do it no justice!)..

..to find some lime grean shimmery nail polish! Mmmn, called watermelon.

A bit further on I got these lovely self injury awareness earrings!

And a lovely yarn ball pendant!

In procress of unwinding..

Some bugle beads, in yummy colours!

A gorgeous pink kawaii themed charm bracelet...

complete with an ice cream charm and this adorable glittery bear charm, amongst others!

More nailpolish, entitled blueberry!

A cute little stamped brown paper bag and a deer on a stick? (I have to confess, I have no idea what it is-sorry!) But it is cute!:P

More seed beads, in turquoise and raspberry pink, yum!

My favourite of the nailpolish..bubbleg um!

A polymer clay cookie earring and ring set, which look super realistic!

In the centre was a cute little handpainted dolly (I love dolls, esp wooden ones!), which graced my shelf immediately.

The chocolate, yummy!

Included were chocolate crayons. Having never seen such extraordinary things I immediately opened a packet , and out spilled these paper tubes filled with chocolate, yum!

And a final picture of the wool, which I am going to turn into a lovely hat or scarf or something for myself, because I love the colours and it is remarkably soft!

Thank you so much for the awesome package Seph, I really enjoyed swapping with you! And I feel very spoiled, so the swap anxiety wasn't needed, at all!

George xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009 01:56:49 PM »

I received the most amazing messenger bag ever from Barbolot today.  I made her an apron in exchange, but believe me, there's no doubt that I came out way ahead in this swap.  I feel like I need to send her something else.  Get ready, here comes the latest item on your wist...

Here's a close-up of the bee adorning the front:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSCN09981.JPG[/img]

and the inside which is just full of useful pockets:

And if that weren't enough, she sent along a little extra gift.  A great zippered pouch that will perfectly match a purse I received in the craft my theme swap:

I wish I could have taken pictures outdoors for better lighting, but that Georgia pollen is just too bad for my allergies right now.

Thanks Barbolot.  What a wonderful package!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009 01:59:01 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she made the bag from recycled fabrics from a pair of slacks and two skirts... how cool is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009 05:53:38 PM »

I'm soooo glad you like the bag, gamemom42!  I lost sleep over that bag, worrying if you would like it! LOL!

I LOOOVE the apron you made me. . . it's so pretty:

The colors are great, and I especially love the details: the pocket, the rick rack and especially the curvy hem!  And, it fits my plus-sized self perfectly!

Thank you so much for swapping with me, gamemom42!
(And I'm sorry about the  crummy pictures... no natural light this afternoon.  There are wild fires in neighboring counties, and the smoke is so bad, we're not supposed to go outside, and it's all smoky/cloudy anyway!) Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009 04:41:01 PM »

ckchan made these for me a while back in exchange for some jewelry pieces.
Her wonderful bunnies made my Lana's Easter extra special. 

The bunny family:

Action shot of the bunnies and Lana.

Thanks so much ckchan for another great swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ckchan
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009 03:06:04 PM »

Thank you for an awesome swap!  Your daughter looks so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
giddygirlie

not to be confused with giggly girlie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009 10:42:42 AM »

I recently participated in 2 private swaps and I wanted to share the results, which are INCREDIBLE. My photos do not give justice to the incredible talent these two ladies have!!

I traded some embroidered hitchhiking ghosts (from Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions), similar to the ones shown in my needlework post here on Craftster.

From phoenixfiredesigns I received this GORGEOUS hand-made Tree of Life pendant. The wires are all hand-twisted and the "leaves" are made of rose quartz gemstones.

From Miss Disney I received some Haunted Mansion themed jewelry! There are tombstone earrings which have been hand-sculpted and stamped with "RIP" and a Madame Leota necklace. Leota's face is cast in green-tinted resin and soldered together to make her famous "crystal ball." The necklace is hung on a double chain with details of glow in the dark beads. I can't describe how much this makes my inner Disney nerd dance around!!

Thank you both for being willing to trade and for my WONDERFUL gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009 11:01:41 AM »

i am particularly proud of this necklace Smiley my first attempt at soldering resin (inspired by I Sew Cute)

and i got something AMAZING in return!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/giddygirlie/3418502967

it is being framed ATM, but it is WAY more lovely than even the picture shows in person Smiley i cant figure out how to post it in the thread though Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Purple Slime
How to Make Yellow Playdough
How to Make Classic Bouncing Putty
How to Make Blue Playdough
How to Make Fake Blood with Golden Syrup
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...