A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, Second Quarter 2009  (Read 15995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009 08:56:09 PM »

From phoenixfiredesigns I received this GORGEOUS hand-made Tree of Life pendant. The wires are all hand-twisted and the "leaves" are made of rose quartz gemstones.

*snip image*

Thank you both for being willing to trade and for my WONDERFUL gifts!
No, thank you for being so awesome and willing to swap in the first place! I think the Tree came out SO lovely and I'm glad you think so too. When it was done, it just reminded me of Spring and Cherry Blossoms. Please enjoy.

Now, I've been horribly remiss. I pm'd giddygirlie to let her know her wonderful package arrived last week but sadly, my posting hasn't been anywhere near as quick. whooosh! - there's the sound of the last week going by me in a blur. So forgive my terrible tardiness in posting, but here are some images of the amazing Ghosts I received from her.

I've already got them on my wall next to my computer. Forgive the poor photo, my CF light bulb may be great for energy savings but my poor camera has no idea what to do with the color. And given my poor time frame for posting anything this past week, I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to get photos. (For fear another week would go by.)

But the close-ups look a little better photography-wise...

I just adore them. And they're just so perfect. THANK YOU giddygirlie for such a wonderful, unique trade. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009 03:51:31 PM »

I did a personal swap for one of my mini canvas works of art with audio-astrophysics. She sent me a great package in return! Everything is from my wist!
The cutest little mushroom with a cork stem, a sweet little wallet with zipper pocket and card pockets, and a paisly felt brooch with zipper accents! Thanks audio!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009 11:32:35 AM »

I love that black/blue star fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009 03:04:32 PM »

OH! I love the hitchhiking ghosts!!! SOOO cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009 12:47:13 PM »

I swapped with Always inspired for this!! I really love it, and it is exactly like how I pictured it!! It's a mini canvas of Sandro Boticelli's Borth of Venus, my favorite painting! It's the close up of her face!

Thanks so much AI! I'm glad you liked what I sent!!

I did a personal swap for one of my mini canvas works of art with audio-astrophysics. She sent me a great package in return! Everything is from my wist!
The cutest little mushroom with a cork stem, a sweet little wallet with zipper pocket and card pockets, and a paisly felt brooch with zipper accents! Thanks audio!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/ps_002.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009 01:11:36 PM »

Oh man, her mini reproductions are AMAZING. I've seen a couple of them now and I'm in love with them all! If I ever feel that I could create something that would to them justice, I'd love to approach her for a personal swap myself - not that I feel I have the skill yet! [grin]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009 04:06:39 PM »

Awwww! Thanks! I have so much fun making them! Kind of a instant gratification.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009 10:40:21 AM »

I am in a personal swap with the lovely corduroy cat this month and I received from her on Friday! Cheesy

After bouncing around a few ideas on themes, I spotted krissykat's 2-headed kitten on Cat's wist and totally fell in love with it. I've always wanted something needle felted, so she offered to make me my very own siamese kitten, only "siamese" in both senses of the word. That spun off into a sideshow/twisted carnival type theme.

Meet Ming et Ting. The name is both a play off of Chang and Eng, one of the most famous sets of siamese/conjoined twins in history, and my own Siamese cat, Ling.

I particularly like that she chose to do her with a conjoined face (a rarer congenital disorder called diprosopus) instead of two separate heads. Hehe, it just appeals to the bio nerd in me ^_^

Ming et Ting now lives in her jar, safely preserved from the ravages of time, but corduroy cat has posted pictures of her sans jar here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=301825.msg3447216#msg3447216

I have to say that the reactions to kitty have been really interesting. A few people have actually been somewhat horrified by it, and a few others have been just generally uncomfortable around it, but for the most part, people LOVE it Smiley I think it's completely badass, and it looks awesome on my mantle!

Corduroy cat also sent me a who bunch of fantastic extras - bits and bobs to use in my collages and other generally awesome little bits.

Thank you, corduroy cat, for making my first overseas swap an awesome experience, and for sending such a thoughtful and amazing package! I really hope you like the package I'm sending you as much as I've enjoyed yours!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
corduroy cat
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009 01:20:35 PM »

looks so good in that jar! i'm gonna link to this post from my other post...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesspimp81
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009 01:57:08 PM »

That kitty is amazing!  I would never have thought to make it, but it is phenomenal!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What 21st Century Librarians Are Wearing
Lana Del Rey Styles Up a Summer-Perfect Mini Dress on Stage
Tips for Flawless Fourth of July Looks
Slip Your Feet Into These Four Stylish Summer Sandals
How to Wear the Neon Trend for Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...