A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ivory Rebatch  (Read 5747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crendon
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009 05:56:27 AM »

these came out really nice...all of my rebatches are always too lumpy!! great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009 09:58:10 AM »

yeah, aspirin is, technically acetylsalicylic acid, or something. which is derived from salicylic acid. which means nothing to me except i hope it works to keep pimples away all the same. haha.

Yup!  Aspirin is made from acetic acid (vinegar) and salicylic acid.  Vinegar does a great job at drying up blemishes and getting rid of blackheads (try apple cider vinegar as a toner), as does salicylic acid, so it's a great idea to use the aspirin in the soap. 

We got to make aspirin in high school Chemistry.  It was fun!  I wouldn't have taken it, though... Wink

Anyway, the soap looks great.  I love tea tree oil in soaps (and out, too!  It's also great for blemishes!)... leaves that great cool feeling on your skin.  Paul Mitchell makes a tea tree oil shampoo that my mom really loved.  It makes your scalp feel amazing.  Cheesy

Definitely let us know how it works on your skin!  I bet it smells awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

froggie0424
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009 07:03:08 PM »

My one cat LOVES mint.  If you are chewing mint gum, she will hunt you down and try to take it out of your mouth.  Almost as irresistible as catnip to her.  The others are ambivalent about it, but there must be something about mint to some cats...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anti-emily
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009 08:57:04 AM »

thank you all so much for you're kind words. i've been using the soap on my face for a while now and it's doing ok. i mean, my face is definately clean, but i think next time around, i need to add more clay and aspirin. i plan to keep trying until i get a good formula (oh the PAIN of having to play with soap!)

so, i was going to buy lye and start actually MAKING soap, but i can't find it anywhere!!! i drove all around two different towns, going to co-ops, home improvement stores, feed stores, tractor supply stores...i'm sad. i'm gonna have to order it, i guess, and waaaaiiitt. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~Mae West

Wee! I'm on etsy! www.antixemily.etsy.com
shadowemblem
Ivy-Emblem

yo watz up ppl ?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009 06:21:05 AM »

i like da way it cam out ^.^

thank u 4 postin & sharin
-Ivy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclecticlyfe
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009 06:06:01 AM »

Love the EArthy look of the re-batch. I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the kids to nap so I can try un-interuppted lye-soap making.... Ugh sleep already...

I didn't know it would be so hard to find the coconut oil- but I luckily enough found it (the only jar left ) in Wal-Mart. And was cleaning out my father's  (who just passed away~3 weeks ago)laundry room and found a jug of Lye !!! See I'm destined to make soap (Dad was the homesteading type)- Ugh sleep already kids...
When I'm throughly addicted, which will be right after this first batch I'm sure- I'll have to do some scrounging to find supplies in bulk- who wants to pay shipping on all those heavy supplies?Huh
p.s.- keeping the asprin soap away from Rat is a good idea- Cats and asprin don't mix. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something."  Lao Tzu
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Art - Turkish Sentinel by Charles Bargue
How to Paint Reflectivity
How to Oil Paint with Hall Groat
How to Oil Paint
Ambient Art - Van Gogh
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...