A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: iBook / Backpack / Boombox / Rabbit (Pics fixed - 1/11)  (Read 124640 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theczarina

if you were a mermaid, i was the sea

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2005 05:57:12 AM »

1. Single!
2. Straight!
Does anyone need a date for office parties, cookouts, proms, weddings, or ice cream socials? I'm pretty flexible in that regard, and I'll try my best to be charming!

sir, i believe you've just gotten yourself a date in every state in the US.  congratulations.

p.s.  i'm in MA  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I want god, I want poetry, I want danger, I want freedom, I want goodness, I want sin" - Aldous Huxley
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2005 07:47:49 AM »

Does anyone need a date for office parties, cookouts, proms, weddings, or ice cream socials? I'm pretty flexible in that regard, and I'll try my best to be charming!

What a coincidence! I have a cook-out, office party, wedding, AND an ice cream social coming up!  Do I need to pay you?  Or just fly you up here to yon Maine town?  Are you going to bring the reconstructed boombox?  I know all the other guests would think I was SOOO much cooler if you did. . . Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2005 04:10:36 PM »

What a coincidence! I have a cook-out, office party, wedding, AND an ice cream social coming up!  Do I need to pay you?  Or just fly you up here to yon Maine town?  Are you going to bring the reconstructed boombox?  I know all the other guests would think I was SOOO much cooler if you did. . . Smiley
Tell the bride and groom to forget about a dj, your date's got it covered Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2005 05:52:50 PM »

This is way to cool.  I might have to explode..

Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
supergirle
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2005 07:33:38 PM »

That is so cool I would love to make something like that thats so awesome I would love to know more how can I get in touch with you and learn more if that is possible?  Great idea and excellent job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hey_rube
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2005 09:07:34 PM »

thats really neat! I'm glad you directed me to this site! (passing on the favor, I suppose!) That is much more skillful than anything I have to post yet but I'm workin on it...you just wait and see!
*hugggs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spazgirl
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2005 08:01:33 AM »

Everybody loves you!

I love you, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2005 03:37:19 PM »

I promise... PROMISE that a tutorial will be posted by this Thursday night. I've been ambushed by schoolwork and I need just two more days to recover.  If you bear with me, I will write all of your names in a heart on one of my notebooks.
*clears throat, looks around, whistles a bit* Just kidding, do it when you can...I'm just excited is all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Cereallad
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2005 06:06:33 PM »

I promise... PROMISE that a tutorial will be posted by this Thursday night. I've been ambushed by schoolwork and I need just two more days to recover.  If you bear with me, I will write all of your names in a heart on one of my notebooks.
*clears throat, looks around, whistles a bit* Just kidding, do it when you can...I'm just excited is all

Don't lose faith in me, littleone1098! I did provide as promised. If you go to the first page of this topic, you will see that I did write the tutorial, I just appended it on to my first post and then updated the subject line... and I posted it at 11pm on Thursday. (I did some grammatical correcting at 1 this morning). Enjoy!

Great! I require no payment other than a welcoming hug and maybe a pile of hay on which to sleep at night. I will use my boombox as a suitcase, and I will pack it with nothing but gifts from my favorite thrift stores.

whoa. that is so cool. =O looks kinda heavy though. is it?

I will be the first to admit that it is not light, but it is not extremely heavy either. You remove practically all of the inner electronics from the boombox, which does lighten it somewhat, but it is still a little heavy (I don't know the actual weight). You don't have to make a bag from a boombox this large, though. Any size boombox should work as a pretty nifty bag!

yesterday i searched all over victoria for a boom box similar to yours and found nothing. i've looked in thrift stores, pawn shops and other stores that carry old electrical equiptment to no avail. do you have any tips of places to look to find an old boom box?

I'm sorry to hear that, but I have found very similar conditions here. Only every once in a while will I come across an old boombox. My tips would be to seek out several thrift stores that have a lot of non-clothing junk, and get their phone numbers. If you can call them and ask if they have any "old silver or black cassette boomboxes without cd players" in, you can save yourself the trip, and you can check often. I haven't had much luck in pawn shops, but I have heard of stories from people who have. My two favorite boxes came from just some random flea markets where vendors just happened to have one for sale. Keep you eyes open and don't lose faith!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nilla_bean

www.atelierwoodenapples.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2005 06:12:12 PM »

My lord Craftster has turned into a dating service. Kudos to you, your project is fabulous and your website is adorable. Like Vice magazine but less shmarmy ( it's a word). If only more boys knew that all it took for women to throw themselves at you was to have mad crafty skillz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Slow-Cooker Pear and Apple Butter Recipe
How to Make Fried Eggs
How to Make Poached Eggs in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
Kd 101: How to Make Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...