A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: reasonable # of damaged books to unreasonable # of envelopes (IMG heavy)  (Read 15381 times)
Tags for this thread: template , envelope , childrens_book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009 02:04:56 AM »

Oh I am so going to the thrift shop today...these are fab..you could swap bundles of them or sell them on etsy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009 05:27:14 AM »

Oh I am so going to the thrift shop today...these are fab..you could swap bundles of them or sell them on etsy!

Hmm! I've never done a swap before. It sounds interesting!!! I have been considering an etsy shop over the last couple of weeks, but I'm put off by the time I'd have to take away from crafting to manage the shop, worry about payments and shipping, blah blah blah. My friends say it's pretty easy, but I'd rather hoard my goods and then maybe someday peddle them at a craft fair in person...That way, I have them on hand if I actually want to use something myself! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009 06:06:38 AM »

I think these are so whimsical and cute. I would love to get a letter in the mail in one of those. Great work and inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
lafemmedramatique
Lafemmedramatique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009 08:21:57 AM »

EEP! These are so cute! I'm having to stop myself from leaving immediately for the thrift store b/c I'm still in my pjs! These are so precious... If you find you have to many of them, you should consider selling them or giving them as gifts with nice paper.

I know I would buy a pack of them!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009 09:30:02 AM »

Sad I came home empty handed from the thrift store...will have to go to a different town tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malmow
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009 09:31:18 AM »

I have been hoarding "thoroughly loved" children's books for inchie making lately, and I can tell you its a dangerous thing. I'm going to run out of places to put them. This is such a great idea, though. I would love to receive a letter in one of these. They would be great for swapping, too. I'll be your pen pal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009 10:23:19 AM »

Sad I came home empty handed from the thrift store...will have to go to a different town tomorrow!

I'm not sure what the weather's like where you live, but the weekend's coming up and yard sales are worth a shot. I've found thrift stores selling old books from 50 cents to 3 dollars (ya ya, which is still very cheap, but I LOVE finding ridiculous bargains), and with some haggling and luck, you can sometimes get a better deal buying from a yard sale. I got most of mine for like 20 cents each. That way, you don't even have to leave town!

Oh! and for planning ahead purposes (so you don't end up with a stupid amount of them, like 300)A children's book usually yields from 12-16 envelopes, sometimes 20, then a coffee-table book of mostly pictures (a treasure of a find!) yields about 50-60 envelopes.

Oh can you tell I went overboard? It's not hard to get carried away since they are so easy and the results are so satisfying. Grin..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009 11:27:35 AM »

I live in Ireland and we dont have yard sales, sadly..I get so jealous of the bargains people find! I was in a small town that has 2 thrift stores and a second handbook store, the bookstore hoovers up all of the books from the thrift shops and vastly inflates the price, so 10 page paper back kids books were upwards of $3 and in too good a condition to tear up..sadly...still I might have better luck in some of the other places that I visit...lol...its not that I am short of a craft to do at the moment, I could finish up the dozens of WIPs I have..!

its a shame though that I couldnt find some as am just finishing up the zine swap and have 8 to send out tomorrow, those kind (but bigger) envelopes would have been so cool! But its good to know how many I can get from each book, once I get to the one thrift shop that will have those kinds of things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myjoyoverflows
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009 12:26:39 PM »

Those are TOO cool!  I'm going to have to steal this idea from you!  Most excellent!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Wife to Bill~
~Mommy to Madison and Kaitlyn~
~Addicted to creating~
~Always searching for the next thing to learn~
whitneypipes
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009 04:43:19 PM »

These are so great! I love letters and these envelopes!

I most definitely will have to make some of these sometimes soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Recipe Twist: BBLT Sandwich
Lobster Corn Dog Recipe
The Secret to Perfect Buffalo Wings
What Your Chicago-Style Hot Dog is Missing
Gourmet Ham-and-Cheese Grilled Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...