A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore round 2 gallery!  (Read 8846 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009 08:00:56 PM »

It's so fun to see all the pictures!  Everyone's packages are beautiful so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009 05:04:14 AM »

hahahahahha love the gnome!!!

I ADORE the green man on the CD - simply gorgeous!!!
I have favourited it on my page on here Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009 06:40:55 AM »

Here is my package from sailorgirlbonk!!

First, some beautiful notecards & envelopes, 3 framed sketches (she is such a great artist!) and a miniature container that's done shadowbox style with a lovely little picture peeking out!

And a gorgeous container with a collage of beautiful pictures all the way around

Look inside! These roses are lovely!

And my favorite thing- an elf hood! I love it- it fits perfectly and I've already tried to wear it a couple times, but DH says no matter how cute it is, 90 degree weather is not the time to be wearing it. *pout* I couldn't get an action shot of it, but it is awesome!

Thanks so much, I love it all!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 06:41:35 AM by Rainbow_Storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009 08:52:19 AM »

I love those sketches...you had quite the talented partner.  I wish I could draw.  my attempts are passable...but those are so lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009 12:48:42 PM »

Everyone's sending such lovely things!! I like the idea of the 4 compartment shrine... you think you could put up/send me a picture showing how it works??  I'm feeling the need for one of those.....   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009 02:04:19 PM »

Your partner really is a wonderful artist, what a lovely package!

What sort of powder is in the container with the roses?  Is it a preservative of some sort?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YoungMom

My honey and I

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009 05:26:40 PM »

Jenna, when I get my hands on a better camera I will take better pictures of the shrine!!! It is totally awesome.

Love the elf hood!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Amy~~

My Wist!!  http://www.wists.com/?action=login_form

The Goddess is the Universal Mother, Earth Mother, The Lady. She is the source of fertility, endless wisdom and caresses. She is represented by the Moon.....
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009 02:38:37 AM »

ELF hood - funky! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
lovely_enigma

Random tends to be = or > awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009 12:32:00 PM »

Hey Jenna & YoungMom, I had a couple of photos on my phone & they should do ok to show the construction of the shrine, but they aren't so hot either. It is an awesome way to build little personal shrines & I would love to share how I did it (I'm just super stoked that someone would want to use my idea  Grin)!

The first photo shows a side view of the two structures. I offset them slightly so that I would have a platform to affix some sea goodness for YoungMom since I knew she loved that, but you could do level stacking or a crossbar formation if you would prefer.

This next photo shows how the alcoves look once the shrine is assembled. They were small so the collaging was much harder to do once it was all assembled, so next time I will collage before I put everything together Smiley The "offering bowls" in each slot are tea light holders (sans tea light, except in the fire alcove where the tea light remained).

And lastly, this image shows the embellishment on the roof of the structure. The mosaic tiles are shades of blue vitreous glass (the light teal ones are my faves!).

To construct the pieces, you will need regular foam board (like you use for science fair projects) & oriental rice paper, a craft knife, ruler and glue.

Measure your bottom pieces for all four rooms, and decide how tall you want your sides to be. The sides & the bottom pieces are all going to be the same depth. The two alcoves that are back to back will share a common center wall, so leave that part til last. Once you have the two sides & bottom for each room, set one side on top of the foam board bottom & measure how tall it is. It should be just slightly (about 1/8" depending on your brand of foam board) taller than the side piece. You will cut your center wall to the hieght of the side/base combo & the width of the base. And the ceiling pieces will be the length of both bases on either side of the center wall (I just lined everything up like I was going to glue it, but didn't so that I could get an accurate measure) & the width of the base as well. I will post my measurements once I go home & check them so that you will have a better idea.

Once you have your pieces you will be covering them with the rice paper. Essentially it's like wrapping a package, but with glue. Glue the paper to the foam itself & then when you are creasing and folding over the edges, secure them with glue as well. This will give the foam board a totally different look when painted. They look like little wooden blocks. Then when your pieces are dry, you can paint & collage them as you like; I sealed each wall with gloss mod podge inside & out once I was done to give it a finished look. When you are ready to finish, assemble thusly: hot glue 2 sides to each base, completing all bases before adding the central walls. Then glue the 2 base structures on opposite sides of your central walls; add the ceiling tile last & make sure all of your walls are sitting straight so the ceiling fits on nicely. Stack & glue. Embellish & trala! Your own personal shrine in any theme you wish! Hope it helps & I will try & post a thread showing the process as soon as I finish collaging the one I have here! I loved the one I did for YoungMom so much that I decided I needed one myself  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The thoughts of a woman ride the misty mountain tops & roam the lush valleys. The heart is just another lovely enigma.

Blog:
http://lovelyenigma.wordpress.com/
http://curingpleonasm.tumblr.com/

http://www.wists.com/intheirishmist
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009 01:26:39 PM »

love the elf hood!

I'm nervous about my package not meeting the standard that has been set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Prepare Long Hair For Hair Extensions
How To Attach Hair Extensions To Long Hair
How to Do a Flat Iron Up Do
Celebrity Stylist Talks Hair Trends
How to Style Wavy Hair With Pins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...