A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore round 2 gallery!  (Read 8973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009 12:54:12 PM »

I am so jealous of the mermaid painting!  It's incredible!  SOOOO awesome!  I love the theme, what a cool concept!  WF, you are talented for sure!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009 12:57:31 PM »

you all are talented and you all are my muses and my friend you keep my mind a flowin and i am sooooo glad you all have had a good time at this swap i think it was way better than the first one yippie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009 01:14:57 PM »

OMG  Shocked that swap package is AMAZING !! Although I am beyond jealous of all that you got I am soooo happy that I didn't get woodlandfaerie for a partner. There is NO WAY I could match that kind of talent and shear amount of wonderful stuff. I would have had to send two other extra thank you packages afterwards.
You are crazy talented Woodland. I love the art work and well everything else you sent as well.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009 01:24:56 PM »

just wait till i get pics posted for dragonfly4 yo she and i were in a war of trying to out do each other...tee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2009 05:11:02 PM »

I missed this swap, but I just saw the picture and had to say I'm lucky enough to also have a woodland_Faerie original hanging in my living room!  Wink She's super talented and a wonderful person to boot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellifluous
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009 07:24:09 PM »

I got the most amazing swap package from my partner korok yesterday. I couldn't wait to take pictures to show it all off. Prepare to be dazzled:

First thing when I opened the package, I unwrapped this gem

A celtic knot bracelet. *squee* I love the green stones, green is one of my favorite colors, and the knots are amazing. I'm in awe of people who can make jewelry. I just don't have the knack.

Then a little more digging produced this

A hand carved stamp. Yes, you heard that right, hand carved. My jaw must have dropped a foot. I didn't even know that was possible! I can't wait to try it out...

Hmm, could it be that someone beat me to it? lol

A set of fairy notecards, made with the cutest paper imaginable. I love the colors.

Then there was this strangely soft package. I couldn't think of what it might be. It turned out to be this

A tote bag with a Hippocampus! The Hippocampus is one of my favorite fantasy creatures, and I've only ever found one other piece featuring one, a small lapel pin I got at the Smithsonian exhibit years ago. I've always treasured it but now I have a new treasure. This is, literally, the coolest thing ever. It also has a pocket inside which makes it a perfect tote for my cross stitching.

Here's a close up

As you can see, he's have loads of fun splashing around in the waves. korok, you could not have made me anything I'd have liked better. This is the ultimate gift.

You have also been the kindest, most patient partner imaginable. I should be able to send your gift soon. If you like it half as much as I love my gifts I will die happy. You're awesome and your crafting is awesome too. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
chanemza

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009 04:28:32 AM »

I received from Little Green Dragonfly  Grin Grin Grin  She totally catered to my addiction to mermaids - AND chocolate Cheesy

I love it all!  Now, just so you know, there was a tear in the package's back side, so I'm not sure if anything's missing.  Even so, I love everything, and she even included little notes Smiley  (I wish I'd thought to do that, so when it comes in, please let me know, LGD - There may be a couple of things that need explaining, I'll let you know what it's all about Smiley

Here's what I got:

The little notes are ADORABLE!!  Here's what they say:

In the lid of the sweet little chest:
"This chest holds precious mermaid jewelry.  The bronze has been slightly tarnished by years of being deep in the sea, under so much water Smiley"

For the bracelet and earrings (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of all of this, by the way - they're PERFECT!!):
"The bracelet and earrings are water beads shot with squid ink - as a mermaid swam past and startled the squid."
(how cool is that Smiley )

For the necklace (also wayyy gorgeous!)
"The pendant on the necklace is meant to be like a whale's tail coming out of the water and all the beads are water droplets flying up and around the mermaid's (who wears the necklace) neck Smiley )

And for the extra:

TIM TAMS!!  And she even included illustrated instructions for performing the legendary Tim Tam Slam!!

Thank you, little green dragonfly!  I certainly hope to swap with you again, and I hope we remain crafty friends for a long time to come!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009 04:29:27 AM »

OMG!!!  I can't believe I missed all this!  See, I opened the package on the back, starting at the little tear.  It looked like that was it, just a white backing.  BUT, when I was checking it out, I realized it was rather thick, so tore through it just in case.  HOLY MOTHERLOAD OF AWESOMENESS!!!  There was a LOT more in there!

Unfortunately, in my ripping, I accidentally ripped one of the things in there Sad  But fear not - a little modgepodge and it'll go right on something very cool and you'll never know (ok, you will, but it'll still look cool).  It's pictures of marilyn at the beach!!  I love Marilyn SOOO much - and she even mermaid-ized her!  It can't get any cooler than that!

The little mermaid pictures are little collages with real shells and Marilyn as a mermaid!!

Note says:

" I read that you like Marilyn Monroe so I've made her into a mermaid and sent some extra photos of her that I have - where she looks like a mermaid!  I hope you like them.  I love their tails and esp the texture  Smiley Smiley Smiley "

[note to LGD:  I have always loved those beach pics of her, thank you SOO much for them, and for the gorgeous mermaids you made her into!]

Next up:

A sweet little beaded mermaid and starfish, with a lovely mermaid fabric pouch Smiley

Two notes:

on the beaded things:
"There was no pattern for the beaded mermaid. She is an adaptation from a lady pattern and a crocodile tail - made longer at the end - to be more like a mermaid's tail!  The starfish is a little friend for it Smiley"

[these are going to be made into pendants for a necklace Smiley ]

Note on the pouch:
"I saw this fabric and had to buy some, to make a small pouch for you.  Then I saw the faerie fabric and decided to make 2 Smiley  The machine played a trick on me with the faerie pouch - made the stitching funny.  Sorry about that.  I think I had some brownies nearby.  Such mischeivous little fellows!"

[no worries, I love them both Smiley ]

Next up, a needlebook! 

Note says:
This is for your needles.  To keep them sharp and clean and safe.  Esp from toes!  The mermaid from some fabric of old school tats.  I thought you'd like her.  My machine was attacked by brownies again - whilst zigzag stitching - I'm new to the machine"

[I absolutely love her.  And I must be blind, because I didn't notice any errors Smiley ]

And for the finale we have this:

How cute is this?!  And PS:  here's where the fairy fabric pouch comes in.

Note says:
"I didn't do a very good job on this little mermaid. [Note from me:  whatEVER!  She's adorable!] But I though you would get a giggle out of it anyway.  I put strands of red seaweed through her hair like a little crown."

And an extra note: "Thank you for swapping with me.  I had a blast crafting for you.  Hope you like everything Smiley Cheers, little green dragonfly" (and a cute little hand-drawn dragonfly)

Thank YOU, LGD - and I only hope my measly little package measures up!

I think I may have to send a bit extra, I'm totally sweating my package now!

Thank you SO, SO much for everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009 06:58:58 PM »

Well, I finally got my box today!  I think the mailing process ate it, because I had to do a bit of repair work... Wink

We agreed on a smaller swap, so that's why this isn't so picture-heavy as some of the other ones!

My partner was rira and she sent me a cute mail and key holder:

with the word "believe" and some cute stick-fairies on it!

And these earrings and necklace:

The earrings lost some leaves in the mailing process, but I found one so I just have to fix it up-- it's somewhere in my pile of packing materials now.  And the leaf fell off the necklace but there was a little ring, so I put it on-- did I do it right, rira?  I like the asymmetrical style of it!

This was quite a fun swap!  Thanks, rira, for the package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2009 12:31:40 PM »

there's supposed to be pillowcases too, did you find them?

also, i love this gallery, its so full of lovelies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Curling Iron
Hairstyles For Your Hair Color
Simple Half Up and Down Wedding Hairstyle
Loose Waves Wedding Hairstyle
Low Side Chignon Wedding Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...