A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore round 2 gallery!  (Read 8561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009 04:28:04 AM »

That is ADORABLE!!!

it looks so super warm!
(It was -3 outside today Sad )

I love the bookmark and the apple too
but my fave is the cloak!

I always thought that Little Red Riding Hood was bringing pancakes and strawberry jam to her grannies!
and that she went off the path for strawberries and flowers! lol
Clearly I have to do some revision!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009 05:00:35 AM »

Sounds like you have Wisconsin weather (though in the opposite months).  There, it would get down to -30 F (-34 C) and the wind chills would make it feel much colder!  We used to get wind chill warnings that people couldn't be outside for more than 10 minutes without the threat of frostbite.  But come summer, you could expect it to get pretty darned hot (at least for the two to three months a year it was warm there Tongue )

That's an interesting version of the story, I'd never heard that one.  But I do know there are many, many versions.  I remember one story I used to love in which a girl spun flax into gold (not Rumplestiltskin), and it was so different from amny of the children's tales.  I use dto love the wicked, more original and spooky versions of the stories, as opposed to the cleaned-up Mother Goose versions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009 06:05:53 AM »

I found a wonderful little fairytale site that's just full of the older versions of the stories - and some I'd never heard of.  I thought you all might like to see it Smiley

http://www.readbookonline.net/books/Jacobs/224/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kewlmomma
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009 08:23:59 AM »

Thank you so much, Rylnn, for the wonderfull pictures. It made me so happy to see your little red baby riding hood it brought a tear to my eye. (I'm so sentimental.) After the great pictures you put up of my stuff I don't know how I can improve on it, but I did promise I would so here it goes.
First is the lovely dreamcatcher she made me. I have my livingroom decorated with native American things and this was the one thing that was missing.

Next there is a post card of Oregon and a card of a beautiful garden I wish I could visit. You can also see the pendants in this picture.

The raven story that came with it was very cool.
I wore the faerie charm to work and got lots of compliments and "where do I get one" questions. You should be proud. I can't wait to see what they say about the other charms.

Here you see the little magic drawers I got that were full of little things I can't wait to have a use for. I make dotee dolls and think they will come in handy.

There are cards with faerie pictures by Amy Brown. (My daughter and I love her work.) It is all I can do to keep Jessica from taking them. You can also see the cute mushroom magnets she made for me. I like mushrooms.

I also can't wait to do some of these color yourself cards. I am negotiating with Jessica to see which ones she can have. I am having a hard time letting her have any of them, but I always taught her to share she is quick to point out.

I was also sent a book with a cool knot bookmark that my husband has already started to read and I can't find where he put it right now. Thank you so much for everything.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition form mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009 11:04:49 AM »

Sounds like you have Wisconsin weather (though in the opposite months).  There, it would get down to -30 F (-34 C) and the wind chills would make it feel much colder!  We used to get wind chill warnings that people couldn't be outside for more than 10 minutes without the threat of frostbite.  But come summer, you could expect it to get pretty darned hot (at least for the two to three months a year it was warm there Tongue )

Chanemza, when were you here?-- and when did you get out?  I'm in Milwaukee now-- and two years ago, what a doozy of a winter it was, 99" of snow officially but more in outlying areas-- but I'm moving soon to Duluth, MN, seven hours north of here.  I guess I'm a glutton for the cold.  (But wow, Lake Superior is gorgeous.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
DragonFly4
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009 11:14:53 AM »

OK- are you all ready to be SUPER jealouse??? Well prepare yourselves... for my package from Woodland_faerie. TONS of pictures- but thats what happens when you send a package packed full of awesomeness!!!

all of it together- there were loose fabric clovers in the package that you cant see though.

My boys and their Satyr horns and pouches. The pouches had 2 seperate pockets with their own flaps, and inside was honey for them to give the faeries and faerie stones.

Jewelry, faerie stones, embellishments, dragonfly charms.

close up of the super cute bracelet

necklace that is an oakleaf in resin, and wrapped in wire

Dragonfly clippies on bits of pink lace

my daughter decided that this is HER fairy princess hat, and has worn it everytime we have gone outside even though it is summer.

toadstools for my girls (except they are in my craft room right now and I am liking them there- tee hee.)

close up of the stitching

faerie skirt

faerie leg warmers

Close up of the stitching on the pockets. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pockets! It is glow in the dark thread too

awesome dragonfly faerie belt

close up- same cute stitching on the wings in glow in the dark

I will post the rest (and BEST part of the whole package) after I get back from taking my daughter to Princess Summer Camp.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
http://dragonflyflittings.blogspot.com/

my wists
http://wists.com/Dragonfly4

Interested in Personal Swaps- especially if you can quilt my quilt tops to batting an
chanemza

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009 11:24:55 AM »

Chanemza, when were you here?-- and when did you get out?  I'm in Milwaukee now-- and two years ago, what a doozy of a winter it was, 99" of snow officially but more in outlying areas-- but I'm moving soon to Duluth, MN, seven hours north of here.  I guess I'm a glutton for the cold.  (But wow, Lake Superior is gorgeous.)

Innaura, I lived in the Fox Valley area for about 17 years, from July of 1990 until February 2006.  All my kids were born there, and my ex-husband and my two teenaged boys still live there.  I left in a rental truck in 3 feet of snow (and still coming down heavily!), so it always cracks me up when people freak out about driving in snow.  People south of Milwaukee have never SEEN true snowy driving!   Cheesy  I used to live 5 blocks from the Harry Houdini museum!

I miss the cleanliness of the area, for sure.  If you don't believe that, you should come farther south... Wisconsinites have it sooo good, even though so many people complain about the ordinances, etc.  I've seen places in the deep south with everything from actual bags of garbage on the side of the road to remodeling pieces lying in roadside ditches!  And don't even get me started on the yards Sad

The scenery there is amazing, and I adored the beaches around Sheboygan and Manitowoc - that's actually where my mermaid pic was taken Smiley

My ex-husband's family is all from Milwaukee.  I guarantee you know the name, lol.  Think "godfather"... (don't ask me how many times I was made to watch that series with my in-laws...)  Let's just say it was an... unpleasant divorce. 

I plan to eventually move back up there, but it's not really financially feasible right now, unfortunately.

It's a beautiful area Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009 11:40:28 AM »

Holysuperawesomefan tastic package!  So cute with the fairy outfit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonFly4
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009 11:49:21 AM »

OK- heres the rest of it. I already told her that even if I had doubled what I sent, and only got this picture in return- I still wouldnt have sent enough. It is just perfect and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! She is so incredibly talented.

WOW is all I can say! Woodland_faerie has been the best swap partner EVER! Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
http://dragonflyflittings.blogspot.com/

my wists
http://wists.com/Dragonfly4

Interested in Personal Swaps- especially if you can quilt my quilt tops to batting an
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009 12:47:51 PM »

i will have pics up soon Dragonfly of the lovelies you sent me but im gonna have action shots cause i just have to....i wore the_______ (u know the big thing) tee hee oooo suspense in the gallery ) to an art opening and they just thought "sip sip"(on their wine) that is was just supvr......but yes pics will be up soon......SHE KICKED MAJOR FANTASY ASS on my package too.....(dont sell yourself short sweety flattery will get you NO WHERE tee hee) but yes i love faeries and their kin they are my muses so yeah i went over board but with  PLLLLLEEEAAAZZZZUUU UURRRREEEEE.......t ee hee will be taking commissions now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the ISO Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Format the Memory Card Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Flash Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Exposure Compensation Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to delete Pictures Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...