A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Dresses Galore!  (Read 1163 times)
Tags for this thread: summer_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

designdiva18
« on: May 12, 2009 08:35:10 PM »

I have been on a crafting rampage lately, since my house is nearly together finally and the school year is almost out.

Here are the first of many summer dresses I have cut out, my daughter would rather wear dresses everyday and nothing with elastic, so I make these each summer. This fall she starts Kindergarten, so these are going to be school dresses too. In SoCal, we wear summer dresses until November!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdieSays
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 08:42:14 PM »

Those are adorable - I really like the yellow one the best, though. There have been so many cute yellow dresses on here lately! Seeming to be the color of the season... and your daughter is too cute. I love the pic of her with her little peace sign up. Total little Cali girl, huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009 08:49:05 PM »

These are all really cute.  Just a tip though, some school require girls to wear shorts or bloomers under dresses, so if you have some lefover matching fabric, you might want to get her used to wearing them now.  My sister hated pants, and the feel of the elastic waistband was even worse.  She would writhe around on the floor and act like how a cat does when you try to dress it.  "You are killing me!" HAHAHAAA! Grin  But seriously, she may fight you on it if that's why she prefers dresses.  Better to break her in now! HAHA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jolenelovesjesus
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009 09:24:28 PM »

These dresses are so adorable, as is your daugher!  I make a summer dress for each of my 2 daughters every summer.  I would love to make more, but after two facings, I just can't take it for another year lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designdiva18
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009 09:46:33 PM »

I don't face anything, I just fully line the bodice piece, then attach the skirt. I hate facing, I would much rahter line it, facing doesn't save you very much fabric anyway and most of the time it doesn't look that professional. I just cut the bodice twice instead of cutting the facings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shakespear

Crazy Chickadee since 1978

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009 06:44:18 AM »

Cute dresses!  I love the purple one with the ruffle around the neck.  Very sweet and girly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty/writing/the land of random blog...

erinshakespear@bresnan.net
StacyCK
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009 05:26:05 PM »

Very cute and it looks like your girl enjoys modeling them!  I agree about lining vs. facings.  I much prefer to line bodices and will do that over a facing any day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thai Style Soba Noodles With Mango
Shrimp and Pineapple Teriyaki Recipe
Sweet Soy-Glazed Tilapia Recipe
Spicy Orange Chicken Recipe
Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...