A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chuck's Crazy Cage.  (Read 2765 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 12, 2009 06:31:10 PM »

Okay, so it's not really crazy so much as much, much bigger than his old one. Tongue. So much bigger, so, that we couldn't get it in the living room, so we're just going to have to rearrange the house around it, LoL.

My dad (who primarily built it) went way above and beyond what I would have done. For example: He put a railing and foot holds on the ramp. I would have just leaned a piece of wood up there. He also made fancier doors than I would have. The third shelf (for storage of food, books, extra toys, treats, ect.) is supposed to have some doors on it, too, but I got impatient on the fourth day of putting the beast together and decided that it could wait. Smiley.

Anyways, onto the pictures.

Here's the front, pardon the mess:

The first floor, containing his bed, toys, bunny, and litterbox, aka thing for him to move out of the way when he needs to go to the bathroom and eat the hay out of, no matter how much of his poop I put in there:

The bottom floor, containing his ramp, water bottle, and hammock that he isn't quite sure about:

And a shot with me to show you what a monster this thing is Tongue.

Oh, and sorry for the color choice (the store called it 'Nimble Blue' but we always called it 'Smurf Blood Blue') but seeing as one layer of paint on the whole cage (not the back, or the shelf) was about 3/4 a gallon and I had run out of funds, the paint from my old bedroom started to look pretty good, LoL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
imxriotxhere
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 07:10:36 PM »

This is really cool, and so pretty. I'm sorry if I overlooked this, but what kind of animal is Chuck? I have hedgehogs and this would be great for them:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009 07:43:15 PM »

his house is really neat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009 07:59:22 PM »

Chuck is one lucky bunny. I don't know if you've tried this (and I know very little about bunnies so it may not work) but ferrets will only use a litter box if they can fit all 4 feet in the box. So those little corner ones that are marketed for ferrets, are really not worth the money. Could chuck be the same way? We use regular cat litter boxes for the ferrets and they work jsut fine. so perhaps that would help? Also Since chuck liked to move the box and so do my fuzz butts perhaps fastening it to the cage in some way would solve the problem?
Good luck on it! I've heard bunnies can have total minds of their own! lol But then I think all critters do. We have 8 4 legged children(4 cats, a dog, and 3 ferrets)and they are all different and unique.

The cage is amazing and fabulous. I think the color is calming. Personally using my own leftover paint is something I'd do myself!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 08:00:02 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
imxriotxhere
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009 11:57:24 PM »

I feel silly for not seeing the bunny at first:) Then again, I've needed glasses for a long time now. Boo for being poor:P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009 01:49:51 AM »

That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the bed is in there!!! I'm soooooooooooooooo glad he likes it!!!! I was kinda worried while I was making it!!! Wondering if he would use it or not!!
-GH xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009 07:06:44 AM »

Chuck is a VERY lucky bunny! This looks great! He's got his own private castle now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009 11:29:59 AM »

This is really cool, and so pretty. I'm sorry if I overlooked this, but what kind of animal is Chuck? I have hedgehogs and this would be great for them:)

I thought the same thing.. I was guessing Chuck was either a bunny or ferret. Neat house! It's huge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
tomico
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009 08:13:53 AM »

Is yours a Holland lop? Mine looks just like yours!

I've been considering making a larger cage for my rabbit as well.  You have given your little one plenty of space. I want to try to figure out how to make ours look a bit more Victorian. I've been considering making it look like a Victorian doll house, an aviary or a green house similar to Phipps conservatory.

As far as litter training, I gave my guy a larger corner one to go in and gave him a bigger square litter box to sit in. He likes the comfort of the box with the paper litter. Also, make sure you have litter box on each floor. You may have to confine him to a smaller area until he seems to be trained. Oh, you may not want to put hay as a litter. (Yes they like to eat hay) so maybe place the recycled paper litter or the paper pellets in the box instead and give him a hay box that is off the ground. I use the paper litter that isn't pellets because to me it looks too much like their regular food, but the Humane Society in Pittsburgh seems to use the pellets just fine.

My "Lil' Poofta" is waiting with bated breath for me to make a home for him that is as nice as yours.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 08:27:54 AM by tomico » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Short Hair
How to Curl Thick Hair
How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Cut a One Line Length
How to Cut Graduation
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...