A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: baby girl shower with decorated onesies activity!  (Read 19538 times)
Tags for this thread: onesie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melazdee
« on: May 12, 2009 11:58:54 AM »

So my SIL found out she was having a baby girl and we settled on a polka-dot theme. Its not ALL throughout the party but you may notice that we went with a lot of circular elements...polka dot confetti, spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, round candy for the candy bar etc....
so lets get started!
The layout:

snack table:

the main course table with diaper-cakeness (not made by me, but a gift for the mommy to be). my aunt brought the salad and really went with the circular food theme..sliced olives, round sliced radishes, carrots etc etc it was great!

candy bar! lots of round/polka dot elements here! and the babies name is here too, Jaycie. My SIL and I made the name out of block letters from michaels and decoupaged scrapbooking paper on top..we found inspiration here on craftster but I don't know where from.. lol

aren't our favors CUTE? we put them on a cup cake stand. They are little baby booties made out of styrofoam cups

we also gave away two flower arrangements as prizes to the winners of the two games we played. Here is one happy recipient! we did the citrus fruit to coordinate with the theme

Now for my favorite part and the part that got RAVE reviews! Onesie decorating!

Jamie (SIL) and I were up late into the night cutting out freezer paper stencils and fabric pieces for appliques. We pre-ironed some stitch witchery type stuff (iron on adhesive) to the back of the fabric before we cut out the appliques so it was super easy to have people just peel, stick and iron (had an ironing station set up). We will go over the appliques with our machines later. We also had fabric markers for people to use. I have to say people went CRAZY over freezer paper stencilling. they were so amazed!

Here are our results, this is about half of the onesies:

close ups:
the one on the left says "ask mom" on the back

and then mommy-to-be made a shirt for her 3 yr old son to where to the hospital

she put the tee on her tummy like that cuz we were talking about her son, Jordan (if you havent caught on by now they're all J's! Jaycie, Jamie, Jordan, and dad Jason) and how when we were ooh-ing and ah-ing over cute baby clothes he kept holding it up to her belly and saying "yep this fits baby Jaycie" lol

All in all it was a blast! if I had to change anything I think... I would have skipped games altogether and just did onesies. It took a long time and ppl really liked it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
ENGRbyDAY
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 12:34:59 PM »

Aww, everything is so cute. Great idea for painting onsies! And I noticed even mom-to-be had the circular/polka-dot theme going with her shirt. Congrats to you and you SIL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pook8000

That's what I was thinking...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009 01:24:20 PM »

I love the onesie idea! Cheesy

Looks like it was a fun shower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009 05:34:06 AM »

That sounds like so much fun!  I love the idea of onesie decorating.  There is such a nice variety of results--really like the "Girls Like Blue Too."Now if someone (besides me) would just get pregnant so I could host one of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchan
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009 05:38:37 PM »

I have done the onsie painting thing at a few showers. it is ALWAYS a hit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melazdee
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009 04:39:29 PM »

yeah i think its bc all the non-crafty people get a hefty dose of DIY and thats always good for everyone! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009 04:30:28 AM »

This is a really cute idea, I can't wait to get pregnant and do that at my shower. Also, my sister's husband is Jason, and their three daughters are Jailiana, Jaiden, and Jaicee. What a coinky dink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PoetryWriter828
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009 06:36:57 PM »

How do you keep the paint from coming off when you wash them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melazdee
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010 05:19:55 PM »

Its fabric paint (well we mixed acrylic paint with a fabric medium) so usually the directions say after letting dry for 24 hours you can wash them..sometimes you have to iron it to set it. Just follow the directions on the back of the bottle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Morality of Filming South African Vineyards
Photoshop CS5 Beta Review
Censorship and Slashers
Interview with Roger Nygard
White Balance Corrective Gels
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...