A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bag-o-mania  (Read 1543 times)
Tags for this thread: capri_sun  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aquilka
« on: May 12, 2009 11:22:24 AM »

So I finally got around posting all my bags...
I started making them some time ago (about 5 years Grin) and the most recent one is just a few weeks old.
So enjoy!^^
So, a little information on those bags:
1. The Caprisonne Tasche

This is the very first thing I ever sewed that didn't fall apart right away... and it still hastn't falles apart and it's been in use for approx. 5 years now, so I guess I can be pretty proud of my early sewing skills!^^
I'm also super proud of the very cool american Capri-Sun bags I have in there. Some very dear friends apparently thought of me and my crazy plan to make a bag out of Caprisonne bags while they were away on an exchange to Chicago!
The strap is pretty crumpled from when I turned it back around after sewing the Caprisonne bags to the lining, I would propably topstich the thing left sides facing each other if I were to make this bag again...

2. The polkadottet one

Made from my favourite IKEA fabric, the one with the crazy colorfull polkadotts. I still have about 2meters of it lying around and I don't know what to make of it, I don't want to waste it!
Anyway, this bag is the perfect size to hold my purse, keys, cellphone, a tiny book and a half liter bottle of water.
I made it to fit these things because I only had bags either too big or to smal to take with me when I went out for the night.
I love the pleats detail. I was inspired to do this by some tutorial on here, I'll look it up and post it here later on.

3. another IKEA bag

This was meant to be a bag for overnight stays and for going to the beach.
It has a waterproof compartment in there and zips shut.
It's a lot too wobbly, I sadly didn't think about how stiff (or rather NOT stiff) this thing was going to be before I made it and now I can't fix it without taking the whole thing apart.
But I still like it, it's a nice size and it looks really cool with all those circles.

4. the sewing bag

This was loosely based on a sewing bag I saw in one of my mom's magazines. And when she told me she had about 5 meters of this gorgeous off white fabric just lying around waiting to be used, I couldn#T contain my self.
And here it is. Yet another bag I don't really need but that looks just gorgeous for summertime.
I use a pillowcase from.. guess where, IKEA to line it and make the little detail round the outside.
I messed up a little, I don't know whether you can tell from the photos, but the tpo part is completely loopsided, about 7 cm on one side and 12cm on the other, but to hell with it, I'll just say it's the way it's supposed to be!^^

So, that was my bag-o-mania for now, hop you enjoyed. I would love some comments and I will surely post some more someday because even though I don't need any more bags I just can't stop thinking of new designs whenever I see any fabric lying around....^^
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 12:58:09 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added working images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 21/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 20/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 18/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 19/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 11/28
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...