A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 46 Gallery  (Read 17644 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2009 02:43:08 PM »

No worries A2K! Whenever you get a chance is fine. Things are hectic here as well, so I understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009 03:12:32 AM »

I love the cup cake bath bombs.  I would try and eat them though, even though I knew they were bath bombs.  They just look soooooo tasty. YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitch81
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009 12:21:01 PM »

I recieved from Oneredboot today.  She sent me 2 very awesome aprons, however, it is actually 3 aprons that I got, since one of them is reversible!!! Thanks so much I love them!!!!

side 1 of the reversible apron

side 2 of the reversible apron

THANK YOU ONEREDBOOT!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009 03:32:36 PM »

Love these, they look good enough to wear down the street.  Very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DoodleLou
I don't know what I don't know. But I want to know.

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2009 07:45:47 AM »

Ta-da!
An Ongoing Wish Swap meet up!

Ehinders and bkrenning4 and I are all from MN.  Early in this round I claimed bkrenning4, she claimed me back and ehinders claimed bkrenning4.

So it seemed to us that a Craftster meet up in the making. 

After several PM's flying back and forth-a date, time and location was selected.  (we also PM'd TwiztidBlood [OWS 46 organizer] to let her know what we were up to.) We all traveled at least 50 miles or more for this very special gathering. 

We meet yesterday afternoon in a coffee shop in a central MN rural community.  What a grand time we had.  Smiley We talked and laughed nonstop.  I bet we talked for an hour before we even got to the doing the exchange.   Cheesy

Oohhs-Ahhs abound.  The picture shows us with a few of the items we exchanged.

The best thing (for me, anyway) about the meet up was commiserating over our crafting addictions.  Grin  And how most people don't really understand us.  Husbands, while supportive, just don't REALLY get it. 

It was a fabulous time and sadly it was soon time for us to go.  We agreed that another meet up will have to take place again.

We each took pictures of our exchange items there but mine didn't really turn out good enough to give justice to what I got.  I re-did the pictures at home.

I received from bkrenning not one but two(!!!) Peruvian pendants!  Aren't they beautiful? 

And a Thing-a-ma-jig!    Also scads and scads of jewelry and wire wrapping supplies and how-to's. 

The how-to's included a couple of magazines AND some carefully selected beginner's instructions from various websites.  What a fabulous swap! Loved it, loved it, loved it!  Thank you ever so much for everything, Kristine!

Sincere thanks to both ehinders and bkrenning4 for a fabulously, wonderful afternoon!
Stacey
"DoodleLou"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Self diagnosis: Obsessive, complusive crafty addict with AD/HD tendancies.

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

https://www.facebook.com/Feeding.the.Habit
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2009 08:30:10 AM »

Yay! I had so much fun! Also, special thanks to DoodleLou for making me stuff even though she hadn't claimed me! I will post pics sometime this weekend when I get a chance. Can't wait to see you ladies again!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2009 11:36:16 AM »

It was a great time!  I so needed it and so enjoyed it!  Well worth the drive and the traffic back home!

The picture shows the windchime DoodleLou made me, but does not do it justice!  I am out of town, but when I return I will take some better pictures!  It truly is gorgeous!  I love copper.  And she included the most adorable pig stuffie and other supplies as well as some honey from her own bees!  Thank you so much!

And, ehinders, you may have convinced to finish my law degree.  My husband says go fot it, so we will see.  It would definitely cut into my crafting, that's for sure!

Let's do it again, soon!

P.S.  For anyof you who live even remotely close to one another, do a meet-up.  It is a great experience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2009 02:43:02 PM »

For anyone that doesn't have a lot of time to read through posts NOTE: Skip this one! It's a doozie  Cheesy

I received three packages in the span of two days!!! I'm utterly astonished and love absolutely everything I've received from claire313, bkrenning4, and SpencerTwins2007  Grin

First yesterday I was madly waiting for claire's package because the DC number said it was in town and I was hoping the mailman would stop by the house before I had to go to work. No such luck of course. But when I got home from work I squealed when I got not only claire's package but bkrenning4's too!!!

These thread bangles are my favorite of everything I think. It's extra special too because claire said that she had upcycled them from bangles she used to wear all the time in high school  Grin They're so colorful and bright I love them so much!

Runner up for my favorite is this bracelet made from really funky beads that look like wood shavings pressed together - I'm not sure exactly what the material is...claire?? My hand looks funny in the picture because for the life of me I couldn't get the clasp to close on the hoop. Hands just aren't meant to bend that way...I'll hunt down someone to help me if I can ever get it on haha.

The next two bracelets are very cool, one is a cloth wrapped bangle and the other are some simple ribbon bracelets (I think...maybe they were supposed to be wrapped on something?? I think they look pretty good as bracelets  Wink)

Claire also made me some earrings based off my wist which are awesome. I now have 4 sets of button earrings for any occasion  Cheesy And some cute dangly ones too. I tried to take some pictures of me wearing them but self portraits are insanely impossible for me without the flash. It just wasn't working. She also included some wire wrapped beads which are really cool and I can see jewelry making the very near future  Wink

I also really like the flower clips I've been seeing around and Claire made some really cute clips for that! I was only able to get one halfway decent shot of me wearing one. Taking pictures of yourself in the mirror with the flash off is darn near impossible!

And of course some teas!!! I love it, though honestly with the temp rising outside I'm chugging the tea quite like I was when it was colder. But they look so good! I can't wait to try them.

The same day I got claire's package I also got a surprise package from bkrenning4, a tree shirt based off my wist. It's very cool and I love the patterns the tree bark makes.

And now just today after coming home from work I was surprised with a package from SpencerTwins2007!!!!!!! All I want to ask is where on earth did you get so many stamp pads?!?!? I will probably never need another one for the rest of my life  Cheesy

I wanna thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart! These packages are so so awesome and will be put to good use for a long long time.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 02:45:23 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009 04:43:49 PM »

OMG! This gallery is going off!  I am so jealous you girls got to meet up.  What fun!  Gorgeous things to swap too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009 05:12:28 PM »

I am ashamed to say I received a great package from ehinders at least a week ago and I am just now posting pictures (I uploaded them yesterday while I was in this shower before work -- now we are camping and I have just the vaguest internet signal so here goes . . .)

A triptych of tree paintings!

A "coin" that says "That's heavy" on this side (Marty McFly) and "Great Scott!" on the other (Doc Brown).  ehinders did a GREAT job of stalking me.  She knows I LOVE the Back to the Future movies!

Thank you, ehinders, for a great package and thank you, too, for your understanding about my last pic post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Bobby Pins to Make Three Cute Hairstyles
How to Transform Hair from Frizzy to Smooth
How to Tease Your Hair
How to Henna Your Hair
How to Have Great Post-Workout Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...