A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cozies for a Night Owl - aka Pajama Bottoms  (Read 782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dnd4us
« on: July 09, 2009 09:15:20 AM »

My kids affectionately call homemade pajama bottoms “Cozies”  and they prefer wearing cozies to anything I can buy from a store by a mile.  I just finished these sweet little owl fabric pajama bottoms yesterday and wanted to share. These are actually very easy to make.

For these little pants I used  Jackie Clark’s -Britches & Bloomers which goes from newborn to size 4.

I also make cozies for using It’s So Easy Simplicity Pattern 2742.   To make sure I can use and reuse a pattern and make it in different sizes, I trace the pattern onto a piece of lightweight pelon using a fine point black sharpie pen.  Don’t forget to transfer all the directions from the pattern piece and the size.  You can also use tissue paper or freezer paper.

I was just short on enough owl fabric to make a second pair so, I made a cuff at the bottom instead of the ruffle. To do this, I placed the pattern correctly at the top and cut it out so the legs were short.  Then I cut 7″ strips out of the polka dot fabric.  Pressed the strip in half (wrong sides together) and sewed them to the bottom of each pant leg.  I trimmed them straight rather than following the tapered line of the pattern.  Then I finished the pattern as directed.  I just need to put the waistband in today for her… but I love how they turned out.

I posted additional photos and links here: http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/for-the-night-owl/

Calli
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009 01:24:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleGrayDog
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009 12:34:34 PM »

Adorable! The ruffle detailing really makes the "cozies" even better. Love the print as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quilting, Knitting, Cooking
http://littlegraydog.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlegraydog/
Personal Swap Friendly-Just ask!
BeagleMommy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009 05:55:46 AM »

How cute!
And I am in love with that fabric! I made an apron for my sister out of that spotted owl fabric in a different color. I hated to give it to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
drgdlg
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009 09:52:09 AM »

Where did you get that fabric?  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog-- http://www.weeshare.net!
fionamomof2

SunShine & DayDreams

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009 10:40:43 AM »

I am just nutty enough that I would send my daughter to school in something that cute...the ruffel really makes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
limemade
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009 11:16:55 AM »

Adorable!  And fun fabric choice for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am trying to turn all of my non crafty friends and relatives into crafters. It's like a cult. I want everyone to become addicted to my obsessions!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Flattering Bikini Top
How to Choose a Bandeau Bikini
How Not to Look Fat in a Swimsuit
Best Swimwear for Plus-Size Women
Best Bathing Suits for Women Built Like Kim Kardashian
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...