A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cozies for a Night Owl - aka Pajama Bottoms  (Read 1059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dnd4us
« on: July 09, 2009 09:15:20 AM »

My kids affectionately call homemade pajama bottoms “Cozies”  and they prefer wearing cozies to anything I can buy from a store by a mile.  I just finished these sweet little owl fabric pajama bottoms yesterday and wanted to share. These are actually very easy to make.

For these little pants I used  Jackie Clark’s -Britches & Bloomers which goes from newborn to size 4.

I also make cozies for using It’s So Easy Simplicity Pattern 2742.   To make sure I can use and reuse a pattern and make it in different sizes, I trace the pattern onto a piece of lightweight pelon using a fine point black sharpie pen.  Don’t forget to transfer all the directions from the pattern piece and the size.  You can also use tissue paper or freezer paper.

I was just short on enough owl fabric to make a second pair so, I made a cuff at the bottom instead of the ruffle. To do this, I placed the pattern correctly at the top and cut it out so the legs were short.  Then I cut 7″ strips out of the polka dot fabric.  Pressed the strip in half (wrong sides together) and sewed them to the bottom of each pant leg.  I trimmed them straight rather than following the tapered line of the pattern.  Then I finished the pattern as directed.  I just need to put the waistband in today for her… but I love how they turned out.

I posted additional photos and links here: http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/for-the-night-owl/

Calli
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009 01:24:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleGrayDog
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009 12:34:34 PM »

Adorable! The ruffle detailing really makes the "cozies" even better. Love the print as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quilting, Knitting, Cooking
http://littlegraydog.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlegraydog/
Personal Swap Friendly-Just ask!
BeagleMommy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009 05:55:46 AM »

How cute!
And I am in love with that fabric! I made an apron for my sister out of that spotted owl fabric in a different color. I hated to give it to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
drgdlg
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009 09:52:09 AM »

Where did you get that fabric?  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog-- http://www.weeshare.net!
fionamomof2

SunShine & DayDreams

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009 10:40:43 AM »

I am just nutty enough that I would send my daughter to school in something that cute...the ruffel really makes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
limemade
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009 11:16:55 AM »

Adorable!  And fun fabric choice for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am trying to turn all of my non crafty friends and relatives into crafters. It's like a cult. I want everyone to become addicted to my obsessions!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...