A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: inchies as shower activity???  (Read 1210 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 11, 2009 03:38:57 PM »

First, short background. I am not super girly, and have tons of male friends, so I am already set for a very non-traditional, co-ed baby shower. So instead of the usual games (that I hate, hate, hate) I wanted to have some sort of craft/activity. My family and friends run the gamut from uber-crafty to can't-operate-gluestick. So onsie decorating would be way too much for many of them, even with paint pens. Oh, and there will be small kids around. And knowing my friends, it will be a very casual, come when you can, eat when you want type thing.

For those of you unfamiliar, inchies consist of taking a 1" square piece of paper or heavy card an decorating it. I was considering making them 2" to be a bit easier on everyone. I envision a table with pre-cut inchies, glue, paper scraps, drawing tools and stickers. Nothing crazy, just enough for everyone to decorate a bit. I would have information on the table as well as some "examples" so I am not stuck explaining it a billion times. In the end, I would arrange and glue them all together as art for the nursury.

So the question is, am I insane? Or is this a good idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
pook8000

That's what I was thinking...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 01:31:14 PM »

I think that is a great idea. And 2" sounds good, just in case people only feel like doing one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MunLtStmpr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009 04:22:35 PM »

I think it's a great idea!  Maybe you'd want to have some baby/parenting magazines available for folks to cut up too? Not to put pressure on you, but I'd love to see pictures of the final project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009 05:05:49 PM »

I will so post pictures. But being the freak I am, I am planning waaaaaaay in advance...the party isn't until September.  Smiley Can you tell I am a bit excited?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
gumbowumbo
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009 09:00:39 PM »

If you know your nursery colors or theme, you might be able to ge art that really matches the decor?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theatre education is less about acting and more about crafting.  I design and build sets, costumes, lighting plots, theatrical cosmetics, and I LOVE dying, aging, and distressing anything!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Hayashi Rice
How to Make Oyster Egg-Drop Donburi
How to Make Natto-Jiru (Heathly Soup)
Learn to Make Tsukemen
Nigiri Sushi and Sushi Socks Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...