A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nintend DS Cases/Purses (lots of pictures!) Now with tutorial on page 3!  (Read 57740 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , ds_case , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Goofydes

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009 12:39:47 PM »

Thank you so much!!! I needed a case like this for my DS!! I think I am going to modify it a little so I can make one for my Limited Edition Darth Vader PSP too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stuffs for sale! I has stuffs for sale!
www.deskirkland.etsy.com
dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009 03:07:08 PM »

Thanks so much for the tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

Bookmark Swap: In awe of all the creativity!
sew-wannabe
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009 04:41:42 AM »

Thank you!!!

What is that tiger tail thing that you did in the last steps for??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG => Country Cluckers
MY WIST => Wish List
roccstarr75
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009 05:23:53 AM »

Wow, very  nice, very nice!  I don't have a ds but I do have a similarly shape (although much smaller) camera that this would be awesome for, then I could have a place for all my memeory cards together with it!  I cannot tell you how many times I have gone somewhere and forgotten a mem card because I had taken it out to put the pix on my computer!  arggghhhh!  My internal memory only holds about 35 pix!  Bookmarked, this rocks'd, and on to-do list!

Thank you!!!

sew-wannabe: its a wrist strap, but you can substitute a cell phone charm piece, for the tiger tail.

Also, Wal-mart sells the tigertail and the crimp beads in the bead aisle in the craft section, very cheap!!  But they're good quality, I've used them for many projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rauni
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009 07:28:32 AM »

Thank you!!!

The tiger tail is a flexable but very strong cord/wire that I use for the wrist strap.  The nintendo DS we got did not come with a wrist strap, and I worry about my daughter dropping it.  The holes that most electronics have for wrist staps are quite small, so you have to use something thin to fit in them, hence the tiger tail.  I know you can buy the attachments ready made at craft stores, but I couldn't find any in the town I live in, so as most crafters do, I improvised.  Here's a closer look (sorry it's blurry where it's attached to the DS)

Wow, very  nice, very nice!  I don't have a ds but I do have a similarly shape (although much smaller) camera that this would be awesome for, then I could have a place for all my memeory cards together with it!  I cannot tell you how many times I have gone somewhere and forgotten a mem card because I had taken it out to put the pix on my computer!  arggghhhh!  My internal memory only holds about 35 pix!  Bookmarked, this rocks'd, and on to-do list!

What a great idea, I do the same thing with my memory cards, always leaving them in the computer.  Unfortunately for me, I have a big Canon that would not fit in a case like this.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, I hope the tutorial is easy to follow, but if not let me know and I'll try to clarify it.

Rauni
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
sew-wannabe
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009 09:32:49 AM »

ok now I see what it does and how it works.  Thanks!

Sorry I am a dufus, new to sewing and whatnot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG => Country Cluckers
MY WIST => Wish List
grapeicepop
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009 01:35:32 PM »

I just got a DS a couple of weeks ago... And have been looking for a case for it so that i have less of a chance of crushing it.. Thank you SO much for the Tutorial.. I really like the fact that it has a pocket for the stylus, and all the pouches for the games..  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tammtamm
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009 07:10:43 PM »

I decided today to make one for my DD and her DS lite, so I used some napkins I picked up from Target and made the cutest case.  There was quite a bit of trail and error.  The napkins were a stiff material so I don't think I needed as much interfacing, the flap was centered when I put it on the inside but once on the outside its about 1/2 inch off center, and I didn't have enough material to make a long strap so I made a small one in which next time I will make the 36", it will look better.  All in all for the first one, I am tickled pink with it.  Now I can use her favorite material and make one since I know my mistakes with the trail and error one.  Thanks for posting the tute, its made my little girl happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chicanapunk84
I like my vodka like I like my men, hard and cheap!

Craft or dye!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009 01:35:51 AM »

Finally an alternative to the lame cases at the stores. And thats if you can find them. This mos def rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

They'll say just let her crash and burn she'll learn
The attention just encourages her
rauni
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009 08:36:21 AM »

Tammtamm, do you have a photo of your creation?  I'd love to see it.  I still haven't found the time to try the improvements on this like I had planned.  Busy busy, and not that school is almost out, it is only going to get busier.

Thanks everyone else for the positive comments! 

Rauni
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sports Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Product Photography
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...