A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nintend DS Cases/Purses (lots of pictures!) Now with tutorial on page 3!  (Read 53668 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , ds_case , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rauni
« on: May 11, 2009 09:45:00 AM »

I decided to make a case for a friend of my daughter's for her birthday.  We also decided to get my daughter a Nintendo DS for her birthday, so I made two cases. I figured out the pattern myself, but I can't say I designed it since I've seen similar cases.  I'm quite happy with the results except there really isn't a good spot for the power cord, it's quite bulky (the cord that is) and I didn't want to make the purse any bigger, so I just made a cord wrap in a coordinating fabric, but it won't actually fit in the case nicely, although it could be jammed in the back pocket.  I used fun foam (compressed foam) for padding to keep it safe.  I also used the fabric, some tiger tail cord and some crimping beads to make a wrist strap.  It has a pocket for the DS, a pocket for the extra stylus, and 12 game pockets.  There is an extra pocket behind the games and one on the outside of the purse.  The straps are long so that the purse will hang at the hip.

Thanks for looking
Rauni

Blue one for friend (I also made her a wallet and a buttercup purse), pink one for my daughter

Interior of the pink case (yeah I got her 4 games already - they were on sale at Walmart)

Interior again, with DS sticking out (my sil has a vinyl cutting machine, so I got her to cut me some decals to put on the DS to distinguish it from her friend's (since they are both pink))

Close up of game pockets:

Back of pink one, there is a pocket there.

Pink Cord wrap:

Blue case front:

Blue wrist strap and cord wrap:

Interior of blue case:

Tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304534.msg3517609#msg3517609
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010 03:29:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added link to tutorial » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
HelloMel213
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009 10:05:54 AM »

They turned out great!
I want to make one for MY ds now! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A life without Love is like a year without Summer.
landofoz
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009 10:36:19 AM »

Those are pretty sweet!  I love all the storage for the cartridges and the stylus! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Asheri
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009 11:52:56 AM »

Those are really well made, and look very handy! I especially like all of the pockets for games. It's easy to lose the cartridges because they are so small, but with that case I'm sure your daughter and her friend will have no trouble keeping track of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009 01:26:24 PM »

I like this BETTER than the cases I have seen.  Especially the pockets for all the games.  Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
Padester
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009 04:05:17 PM »

Those are really cute!  I especially like how you labelled what all the different pockets, wraps, straps, etc. were for - totally cool and user-friendly.  Makes me want to buy a DS just to make one of these!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solsisters
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009 09:16:29 PM »

That's AWESOME! My kid needs one for hers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewingmommy09
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009 09:33:59 PM »

Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eowynt

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009 04:07:04 PM »

Your DS cases are fabulous.  Much better than the ones I have seen in the stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One is less than three.
rauni
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009 12:28:14 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.  I just found out I'll be making another one of these, my great-niece just recently got a DS for Easter and I know once she sees my daughter's case, she's going to want one too.

Rauni
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboard
How to Make Emergency Sunglasses Out Of Duct Tape
How to Make a Custom Faceplate for Your Xbox 360
How to Make a Pink Eraser Casing for a USB Drive
How to Double Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...