A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Budget Meals Swap Gallery of Deliciousness!  (Read 5677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009 10:01:51 PM »

I'm soooo jealous of that dish soap but ESPECIALLY the lotion! (no dishwasher)

Nymeria has a crazy deal on her etsy! You can buy one of her other hand lotions for about $4, and if you send her the empty container when it's done she'll refill it for you for $3! OMG! Lifetime supply of awesome handmade lotion for $3 a jar! It's insanely awesome Smiley

[edited to mark the correct pricing]

For the record, I'm totally addicted to her products. I have super sensitive skin so I can't buy most products you can find at the store. I'm just over enthusiastic about girly smelling products that won't make me break out into a horrible rash.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009 12:12:05 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009 09:00:30 AM »

Wow, I just lived like three days without internet...I didn't realize it would be so hard lol.  Just got it back, so I will upload goodie pics in a few minutes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
crosswind
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009 09:17:23 AM »

The package on its way to dharma_rebel hasn't been updated since friday and it SHOULD have been there by saturday so HOPEFULLY it will be there today......yeah post office raise your rates pfffffftttttttt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009 10:52:24 AM »

the post office tracking system has been awful lately.....i imagine it will be even worse around the holidays. thats why when its convenient, i drive to fedex.
  i received from princessblueberry a couple of days ago, and should be posting pictures today. i've been unpacking and i'm not sure where i hid the camera Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009 11:03:07 AM »

I received and will try to post pictures this afternoon, but if I dont get the opportunity, I will post pics once I return from vacation next week.

I am shipping today.  I apologize again for this being late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009 11:31:16 AM »

Ok, here it is!  Received a cool package from Loralyn the other day:

A folder full of recipes with them on a cd in pdf - if I ever get around to actually installing my cooking software, this will come in handy!  Also, two articles about being on a budget (haven't read them yet).  There's a packet of recipe index cards - I'm actually in the process of writing my camping recipes on them to put in our pop up!  

There was also a wrapped little package that made me ooh and aah when I opened just the card!  I can't find the pic of the card just now, but if I do I will upload the hand made scrappy goodness Smiley  I gave an awwed wow when I opened the paper.  A gorgeous apron!  This is sewn beautifully...trimmed with red rick rack, chicken and egg fabric with a nice pocket for me to gather eggs in (we have 30+ chickens).  The lettering on the pocket was fabric stitched.  I can't tell you how beautiful this is in person!

There was noone home to give me an action shot, so my puppy Togo volunteered...kinda (he's staring at the biscuit I put there so he would hold still).  Thank you so much, I love this apron!  

Hmmm, there's a bunch of good recipes here but I think I'm actually going to try this one tomorrow:

Slow Cooked Oriental Chicken

4 lb chicken cut into serving pieces              2 Tbsp water
2 tbsp oil                                                 1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c soy sauce                                        1 Tsbp ginger root - fresh; minced
2 Tbsp brown sugar

Brown chicken in oil. transfer to slow cooker.  combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

cook on high for 1 hour.  reduce heat to low, cook 4-5 hours longer.

serve with rice and steamed broccoli.

Tips:  she has cooked this on just low and it turned out fine.  she keeps her fresh ginger in the freezer and grates it right into the pot.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009 11:33:29 AM by TracyInNH » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
morglanc

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009 11:36:40 AM »

ooh, what a good doggy! i love that apron. i cant wait to have a couple chickens and collect eggs when i buy my own home
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009 11:37:45 AM »

Funniest thing I've ever seen is a chicken run  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morglanc

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009 12:30:12 PM »

i'd like to see chickens run...see there are so many reasons to have chickens, including comedic value Smiley

here are the goodies i received from princessblueberry. a very cute cherry blossom pendant, a wonderful recipe journal with lots of great visual detail, lots of recipes, an embroidered bamboo tea towel, and a ceramic spoon holder ( i use it every morning for my coffee spoon, i drink a pot of coffee every day, so this is just wonderful to have!)

thank you again princessblueberry! you spoiled me, and i just love everything. i cant wait to try the cheesy bean recipe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009 12:39:19 PM »

So I am in Mexican food heaven over here! DesignVigilante's recipes are so far AWESOME! She had a recipe for those packet of taco seasoning that has ensured I will NEVER buy a packet again! Mmmmmm!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Makeup and Hair Tips
Wedding Hairstyle Ideas
Pre-wedding Hair Treatment Tips
Top Wedding Hair Advice
How to Create an 'Up Do' Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...