A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vacactioning in Austin and San Antonio and wondering...  (Read 1314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madeline
« on: May 10, 2009 02:55:35 PM »

Where are the best fabric/craft/thrift stores?  I'm mainly in search of vintage fabrics.  I hate to drive for hours visiting stores, so if anyone could help me narrow it down.  Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009 06:55:22 AM »

Here it is over a month later, and no responses?
I'm between SA and Austin but I don't have any words of advice for you, Sorry. Some folks have mentioned Auston's S. Congress area as a great resource but I've never shopped there, nor have I found the treasures they find in some of the places people recommend...I just have to be in the right state of mind, I think.

I'm beginning to think that most of my own stash (that I've gathered myself) is so old that it's approaching vintagehood....Must. Sew. More. Soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
embercostumer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009 05:13:57 PM »

Actually, the vintage and green scene in Austin is really really popular, which makes it more expensive than I've found in other cities. Both Goodwill and Salvation Army can be pricey unless you go during a sale. Savers is good, but you have to search through a ton of stuff to find a prize.

If you're looking to BUY crafts though, South Congress (SoCo) Avenue is a wonderful place full of quirky items, and there's the "First Thursday" market on SoCo the first Thurs of every month with tons of cool handmade stuff to buy. And the Pecan Festival on 6th street every fall is full of local artist's stuff too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Balloon
How to Fold an Origami Box
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 1
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 2
How to Fold Your own MacBook Air Origami
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...