A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,358
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Itīs springtime! Sewing madness-more to come (LOTS OF IMAGES!)  (Read 1270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cataplum
« on: May 10, 2009 10:34:42 AM »

Hi guys! Iīm not very good on commenting my own photos, so here goes: Iīve made several things since last year that I bought my own little Singer Barbie machine (it has butterflies on it!!!), but I was so bored of taking photos... So now that I have a new camera, I decided to go for it!!

First up, a dress made from an IKEA curtain (you can actually see the other half on the back!) Itīs a pretty simple dress, but I need to work on my sewing skills regarding cleavage....

I donīt know if you tell, but the fabric has this beautiful design. Itīs like vertical threads... whatever....

This is from a Burda magazine. I got the fabric for 1 euro/meter!!

It wraps around, and I love the neck!!

Next item, another curtain dress, and another Burda pattern. This time, the curtain is from the '70s or something, I got it from a second-hand shop

Very "professional"!!

I really love the color in this one! Again, Burda pattern, at least thatīs how it begun, but it ended up completely diferent!

I feel like a dancer in it!!

Lastly, YET another dress! Or at least something like it... This is one of the very first I made, so I just begun by sewing two rectangles together... From then on, it was cutting time!! I think I exaggerated a little bit on the cutting part!!

Please comment you guys, it means a lot!! I could really use some help, because Iīm still figuring out which clothes fit me better and which not, so any comment would be really hepful! Thanks  Grin

Sorry for the spelling errors, I hope it all makes sense....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009 12:22:34 PM by cataplum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I REALLy need a personal swap!! I just have one wish: A DRESS!!! Pleeeeease!!!

http://wists.com/cataplum
Vrátnej
T'estimo, tan, Salvem el món

El rei estā de tornada!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009 01:19:05 PM »

Everything you made is so pretty !
I think, the pink dress is my favourite, and the blue/teal-ish one looks great on you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009 01:48:47 PM »

Great stuff! I really love the first curtain dress and the teal one as well. I think for the cleavage issue, you may need to cut the collar a bit higher next time and then gather it a bit more towards the middle where you attach it to the waistband area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009 01:59:27 PM »

Ooh. You did a really great job on these, you have a nice figure and everything you made is really flattering. I think I like the white one the best, followed closely by the blue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
cataplum
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009 01:11:50 AM »

Thank you very much for the comments! The  blue dress is also my favorite. Iīve wore it so much, it now has an unknown stain on it that wonīt go, no matter how many times I wash it! Sometimes I feel Iīm still 5 years old... Undecided

As for the white one, I really like it as well, but I havenīt had the courage to wear it outside still! So, I always talk to my friends about this GREAT white dress I made, but I think by now they donīt believe I actually made it!

Ninjanator, thanks for the advice on the cleavage! The problem is, itīs very loose on both sides of the triangles. I tried to gather it on the outer sides (next to the armpits), and it got a little better, but itīs still a little loose. What did I do wrong?? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I REALLy need a personal swap!! I just have one wish: A DRESS!!! Pleeeeease!!!

http://wists.com/cataplum
Pamcake1323
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009 06:17:30 AM »

Wow! It looks like you have been busy! I like them all. My favorite is the white dress Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
42elefantes
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009 07:12:01 AM »

The problem is, itīs very loose on both sides of the triangles. I tried to gather it on the outer sides (next to the armpits), and it got a little better, but itīs still a little loose. What did I do wrong?? Huh
I can't really say for sure what you've done wrong because the lighting and distance in the shots makes it difficult to tell exactly where things are going awry, but I'm presuming it's gaping on the neckline side of the cups, too.  Have you tried adding tiny darts to that side?  If it were me, I'd try pinning it while on to see if I could take up a little bit of the slack.

I really like your dresses, btw.  I love that the red dress has a proper business-like cut but completely fun fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Colleen Hoover: The Most Wonderfully Unexpected Bestselling Author
Abbi Glines Reveals Her Favorite Characters
Jamie McGuire Gives Aspiring Authors Advice
10 Questions for Elizabeth Gilbert
Gourmet Made Simple Cookbook by Gena Knox
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...