A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Purple Top has a Problem  (Read 1108 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hadassah
« on: June 29, 2009 11:05:17 AM »

This is a top hot off the sewing machine but sadly, it's a little bit too big for me...  Sad I may give it to my sister or best friend. Even though it's not the exact size for me, I still love it and am very proud of it! (Note, I didn't make the white jacket over it, just the purple part.)
Here's the back. The darker purple tie isn't attached to the lavender top, but it worked to tighten it on me. Originally, I didn't plan on having it there.

Here is the front. I'm quite fond of the fabric! It's almost like purple camo. Or Purple wood. Something like that... Oh yeah, you can't see it very good, but there are four darts/pleats on the front.

And here is a picture of the top by itself.

I like it a lot and wish it wasn't too big... Oh well, it happens to the best of us! At least it's not the opposite and too small. Since it's too big, I could always take it in if I wish to spend more hours seam-ripping... Tongue There are a few more pictures on my blog if you want to take a look. My Blog
What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissJessica
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009 02:31:20 PM »

I really like it! The bust part might fit a little better if you just opened up the neck line seams and put some elastic in there. Or you could try shirring. (Wind thread elastic around bobbin and sew like usual to produce stretchy/ scrunchy effect.) I have also been in the position of working hard at something and then it doesn't fit right. It sucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hadassah
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009 05:07:03 PM »

Thanks! I might try that. About the shirring, where might I find the thread for that? Does Hobby Lobby carry it or Walmart? What exactly is it called?
I think I might just perform surgery on my little top. haha. Thanks for the advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissJessica
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009 07:29:58 PM »

No problem. Glad I could help. It's called elastic sewing thread, but it comes on a taller spool than regular thread. I am sure Wal-Mart has it and I actually got mine at Hobby Lobby. I am so jealous if you have a Hobby Lobby close to you. It is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rufous03

feeling dancey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009 06:16:14 PM »

i like it!  sorry it doesn't fit perfectly, but don't give up - i'm sure a little surgery will help!
lovely pics, btw
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best New York Pizza
How to Make Baked Catfish with Green Beans and Sweet Onions
How to Make Orange Chicken Burgers
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...