A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Checkered Seat Covers *CAR CLOTHING*  (Read 7239 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vwluvervw
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009 06:26:52 PM »

Makes me miss my '88 Cabriolet! when I got rid of it it was Lemon Lime! Now I've got a pontiac... which is very nice BUT I do miss my very first car! Even more so when I hear what has been done with it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009 10:16:41 PM »

Awesome! My boyfriend has an '88.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
Gooberts

Gooberts.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009 02:05:13 AM »

Then after these faded from the sun- I made these to represent my love for Tennessee!  Cheesy
Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because I said sew!!

WATCH OUT PROJECT RUNWAY...I'm coming to getcha...
justforme
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009 07:15:59 PM »

Love it, love it, love it. Used to have a Cabrio but would give my eyeteeth for a cabriolet! Jealous here in Maine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. -Indian saying.

True regret is not what you've done but what you have not done.
chelsea anne
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009 03:24:15 PM »

YESSSS. My 90 Jetta and I agree that this is fabulous. Also...VW swap is what I'm thinking now, seeing all these Volkswagen-driving crafters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009 11:37:09 AM »

Wheee, this post made me so happy! I have an 88 cabriolet (though its got a 98 front end... accident... oops). The seats are in dire need of replacement though. We tried buying seat covers once but they didn't work at all  - never considered making my own! i wonder if my limited sewing skills could pull this off... do you think this is a possible project for a beginning sewer?

my volks is named Myrtil btw Wink

very very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
Gooberts

Gooberts.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009 07:47:01 PM »

Wheee, this post made me so happy! I have an 88 cabriolet (though its got a 98 front end... accident... oops). The seats are in dire need of replacement though. We tried buying seat covers once but they didn't work at all  - never considered making my own! i wonder if my limited sewing skills could pull this off... do you think this is a possible project for a beginning sewer?

my volks is named Myrtil btw Wink

very very cool!

Yes if you have the patience to drive an 88 vw than  you can totally whip these out! I bought a seat cover from checker - just one! - and cut it up and used it as my pattern.

What works the best is if you pick fabric w give to it. I then used mattress/sheet clips underneath the seats to keep it nice and smooth! Good luck and send us pictures!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because I said sew!!

WATCH OUT PROJECT RUNWAY...I'm coming to getcha...
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009 12:24:20 PM »

great looking seat covers! I'm just about to make some, so the advise came in handy.
We're borrowing my in laws car for the holiday and I thought a gray 2008 skoda could do with something a bit more fun............. And at least if they don't like em we can save them for when we finally own a car......... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
bluelodge
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009 06:44:53 PM »

Do you know approx. how many yards of fabric this took?  I have a Pontiac Vibe.  I love my seat covers, black with geckos on them.  They have faded out and the little geckos are looking sickly.  What kind of fabric did you use?  I have a week's vacation in August and this would be a great project for me.  I pick up fabric at the thrift a lot.  I'm going to start looking for seat cover fabric.  I really love yours. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danger.kitty
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010 09:47:48 PM »

My husband has spoiled me by getting me a white 1988 VW Golf Cabriolet for my 30th this month.  I've been thinking of doing something with the upholstery and I like your idea although I'd go for something more...subtle.  After that, I'm going to get me some RABBIT badges for it so I can call it my white rabbit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Cat Makeup Face
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Handmade Portraits: Mabel Pike
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Wreath Artists Reveal Their Work
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...