A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,966
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: long hair question . . .  (Read 2229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
JOCOLE: extra-long modest shirts! personalized tyvek creations (including iPod cases) and unique compact pocket mirrors. sterling silver jewelry.

Modest clothing, tyvek wallets, recipe boxes

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2005 09:41:43 AM »

ok, well so today is the day that i ask all you craftistas to answer my lame questions.

well i have long hair (it reached beyond the hooks on my bra strap) its straight (not even a slight wave) and really thin (not much there) and well i am tired of wearing ponytails, and buns.  i'm sure that you crafty ladies can help a fellow craftster out and help me with my hair.  nothing crazy like dying it or anything, just what are some easy ways i can style my hair.  i work at a law office, so it also can't be too crazy.  i'm just completely at a loss as to what i should do with it.  give me some ideas you creative people.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2005 09:45:40 AM by JodiJean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JOCOLE:  Extra-long modest shirts!
Personalized tyvek wallet and zipper pouches, custom recipe boxes.

Rebecca: Girl of Wonder and Destiny

Green Day Rox my Sox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005 09:44:30 AM »

if youmake it a little shorter, and put in some layers, that should spruce up the volume issue.

gilmore girls = love <3

"S'up Figgy?"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005 12:07:34 PM »

I used the search feature

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005 02:06:32 PM »

You're hair sounds indentical to mine, and I have th same problem.  Undecided

I went through a period of dying my hair all different colors (pink, blue, purple, green). then I dyed the top blonde and the bottem black, but now I'm thinking of just going back to my natural color (light brown), but I have no idea of how to style it to make it less boring.

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005 02:20:43 PM »

The thread that fl_mariposa posted touches on some really good ideas.. I followed it for a long time.  Kudos mariposa... good job with the search Cheesy 

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin

Look at life from all angles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005 11:05:01 PM »

I am a hairdresser...I have tons and tons of hair magazines. if you guys let me know I can post some haircut pictures...just let me know what lengths etc. also, my salon and at the wholesale stores always get mags from the different companies that have tons of pictures...some of them are normal...some of them are pretty off the wall (I live in New Hampshire and we are not known for being very fashion forward!)

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005 12:20:45 AM »

okay well i also have a problem on the same topic lol...um my hair is long 4 my age i guess its a few inches from my knees, but then again im only like 5 feet tall, but i have no clue what to do w/ it and im getting tired of constantly wearing it down and it getting in the way...my hair is naturally very straught , and is VERY hard to curl(well to make stay curly) but that dont matter i like my hair streaked i think im gonna get it streaked soon , my hair color is a medium-darkish shade of brown and i think im going to get caramel streaks, but any way of putting it up would be of great help!
P.S. i'm 12 if thats makes any difference

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005 10:49:07 PM »

my hair is about boob length right now. also kinda thin. I like half up half down styles. I part my hair just above my ears and run it up to the crown of my head. I put that section up in a bun or twist and let the rest fall free. another style I like is Ala dangerous beauty. most of it is done up in a twist and then bobby pinned in place one section (back of head about half way up your ear over to center of head and down) is curled and then hangs over your shoulder to the front. Sorry if this was a little confusing, if you have any questions just ask.

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Professional professional

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005 07:12:39 AM »

Puberty turned me into a victim of stubbornly wavy hair and I envy ever long haired girl I see with stick-straight locks. If it's that glassy, Pantene Pro-V, asian kind of straight (and from what you describe, I bet it is), embrace it!

Color is key though, if you have sort of a medium brown, I would suggest spicing it up to accentuate your fantastic sheen and complement your skin tone.  I know you said you didn't want to color, but your basic temporary color should even thicken it up a little and there's no damage to worry about. Also, versatility if you change your mind about the color (i.e. darker browns to auburn to lighter brown/caramel)

Oh! And try not parting your hair at all, brush it straight back and fix the front pieces to frame your face. Parting it *can* make very fine hair look flat.

I hope I have helped and not offended!

(toki doki has spoken)

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005 03:15:34 PM »

the great thing about hair. . . .it never stops growing.  so, even if you cut it and don't like it you don't have to live with it forever.

i have super-curly hair.  up until college it was more than two feet long (un-straightened) and i NEVER wanted to cut it. 

in the past few years i've gone short, long, short, medium, long (for my wedding) and now i'm back to short.

don't sweat cutting your hair.  i say layer it!

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Refine Edge Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Puppet Warp Tool on Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Mini Bridge Feature in Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Crop Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Content Aware Fill Tool on Adobe Photoshop CS5
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...