A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disappearing craft and Fabric Stores.  (Read 3124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bennysmom
« on: May 08, 2009 04:42:52 PM »

Why is it so hard to find any cross stitching stores in St Louis? There is shamrock and Hobby lobby and that is it. Jo-Anns has closed 2 of it's stores in the  past 2  months and Hancock's has closed it's north county location a while back. Michaels has DMC floss but their fabric selection is very poor. I know there have to be some crafty people in St Louis. I have had to resort to ordering on line to be able to get what I want and even then it is hard to get some supplies. I can't begin to tell you how hard it was for me to find 22 ct Hardhanger material last month.I finally found 2 packages at hobby lobby. I couldn't find it on line. Is anyone else finding this a problem? When I was a kid there were lots of fabric stores.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009 06:42:19 AM by bennysmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bennysmom
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009 01:11:05 PM »

Hay!
Jo-Anns just opened up a brand new store in ballwin Mo (yeah!). I guess that is why they closed the other store. maybe there is still hope for having fabric stores in St Louis.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 01:14:59 PM by bennysmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stlphotogal
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009 12:58:21 PM »

If you don't mind venturing out into the western suburbs (I wouldn't if I lived in the city, LOL) there is a Hancock Fabric @ Mid Rivers in St. Peters and if you are in need of cross stitching supplies, there's a great shop on Main Street in St. Charles (although the name is escaping me at the moment...)

Cheers!
Angela
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bennysmom
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009 10:25:33 AM »

Thanks.
Now that I live by the airport I go to St Charles,St Peters,Ofallon Mo more often now. I found the hancocks by accident and a Joanns in the same area.  Also The cross stitch store on Main street is part of Patches etc. but I don't know it's name either. It is in the same building. I love it. a tad bit pricey though. Great buttons also. Now I can go more often. I use to live in Southwest city close to the zoo so like you said that was a bit far to go for supplies. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nerdyartist
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009 10:49:05 AM »

There is also a quilting shop on HWY N past Mid River's Mall Drive heading to Cottleville.

Hobby Lobby as well off the Cave Springs Exit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010 01:13:26 PM »

I haven't been able to go there yet, but I've been told that Jackman's is pretty good.  Although the on-line shop only lists home decor and bridal fabrics. http://www.jackmansfabrics.com/Store-Locations-sp-4.html

Also the discount decorating shop at Cave Springs has re-opened under new management across the street. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
shinyreindeer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010 11:43:59 AM »

There is also a needlepoint store on New Ballas Road, just south of Olive, in Creve Coeur (I'm sorry, the name escapes me at the moment... Needlepoint Corner or something like that). They don't necessarily sell a lot of fabric, but they have a really great selection of threads including DMC and hand-dyed such as those made by Weeks Dye Works. In addition, they carry some nice accessories that you can add stitching to, such as trinket pots and handbags.

The staff were really nice the couple of times I have been in there, I do recommend taking a look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010 06:56:59 AM »

If you are looking for a place with fabric and cross-stitching supplies, there is a great place that sells them second-hand. The store is located in St. Charles and is named Leftovers, Etc. You can fill a shopping bag for only $7! Here is a link to their website: http://leftoversetc.com/.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmm0910
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010 10:18:14 AM »

Have you tried "the Needlepoint Clubhouse"? Located at 717 N. New Ballas Rd., St. Louis, MO 63141 phone number(314) 432-2555. www.theneedlepointc lubhouse.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FrancesEmily
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010 05:29:52 PM »

There is a needle point store called Sign of the Arrow in Ladue, at 9740 Clayton Rd.

Also there are a few Ben Franklin Crafts locations around St. Louis. They're not a very big store and don't have the best selection but I always find good stuff there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kaza Kinglsey Reveals Her Best Quality
Heather Henson Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Leviathan Book Trailer
The Memory Quilt Book Trailer
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...