So a little story behind this. I'm a very vivid dreamer and one night I had a dream one of my Original Characters gave this "dnacatcher" to one of my friend's characters who is a geneticist. Well When I told my friend about the dream she said if I ever made one she'd buy it from me. Well I had planned to talk details with her and figure out what colors she'd like and my muses said "No, you will work on this NOW!" So off to my yarn stash I went. And thus the project started.
Progress of the "DNA ring".
With the webbing. (My favorite part to make)
Dangly charm for the center strand, pre-bake, sand & paint.
Finished charm. Yes, it is in-fact a syringe/hypodermic needle.
Progress of the dangly strands. They are ungodly long at this point.
After trimming them down a bit.
Outside strands are turned to DNA!
And we're finished!
Up-close of the charm.
All in all about 3 hours of work and $1.57 in supplies I didn't already have in my possession. This was so much fun to make!
It is currently packaged in a bubble envelope awaiting shipping. Also inside the envelope is a surprise for my friend. I'll edit and post a pic of it once she has it. x3