OK, I know this is technically food, but it was a major decoration at the baby shower, and the only one in her theme. This is the cake I made for my future Daughter-in-law's baby shower. Her Auntie had thrown the shower, and even though she was told the nursery theme was going to be RainForest/Jungle, she did her own thing and did it in blue & brown. Ya know, I LOVE blue with brown...I did my bedroom in blue & brown...but when a mom-to-be tells you her theme is such-and-such, you should respect that! *gets off soapbox* Anyways, this was the ONLY jungle-themed decoration at the whole party!!!!
The inspiration Piece:
Thanks for looking.
ETA: I just noticed how you can only see one yellow spot on the giraffe's neck. His neck goes over the side of the cake, and he does have more spots! HAHA!
Also just to answer to FAQ's I usually get about my cakes
1. This is about the 50th cake I've made.
2. It took about 4 hours (decoraing only)
3. I freehanded the entire thing.
4. It is just regular white frosting (a little shortening, a little milk, a little clear vanilla or almond extract, and a TON of powdered sugar)
5. I use Wilton's paste food coloring.