A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for 6.5 inch squares  (Read 723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tangerine_Dreams
« on: May 07, 2009 11:53:07 AM »

I have a buttload of 6.5 inch squares of Heather Bailey Freshcut and I can't for the life of me decide what I want to do with them!  (I also have a few other freshcut fabrics that are scraps from yardage--they range from 2inch strips to fat quarters or slightly larger--that I could use to supplement.

I've thought about pinwheels but that seems kinda boring right now.  I also don't want to just put sashing between the squares since I JUST made a quilt like that. 

I need some creative help!

I'm thinking something like hexagons (not grandmothers flower garden type, but 60degree triangles), or dresden plates, or even cathedral windows.  I just can't decide!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..~Jessica~
danni42683
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009 09:34:04 PM »

OK so it is none of what you mentioned except for pinwheels...but...I am working on http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/pinwheel-baby-quilt.html (would be finished but didn't have enough white on hand) I used 8 fat quarters instead and I could make at least one more quilt out of the fat quarters that I used. This would be super cute and super easy to modify for the larger size, you could even make the half square triangles really simple (like I did cut your white the same size as your freshcuts then draw a line diagonal, then sew on either side, then cut down the line you drew) put them together (maybe rows of four by five long or more instead of three by four and instead of doing a two inch strip you could make it three, your prairie points would be a little larger, and you could do a little bit bigger outside border. Make it a lap quilt instead of a baby quilt!!!!
I love this pattern by the way it went together SUPER fast!!!! Nothing better then that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009 02:04:24 AM »

OK so it is none of what you mentioned except for pinwheels...but...I am working on http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/pinwheel-baby-quilt.html (would be finished but didn't have enough white on hand) I used 8 fat quarters instead and I could make at least one more quilt out of the fat quarters that I used. This would be super cute and super easy to modify for the larger size, you could even make the half square triangles really simple (like I did cut your white the same size as your freshcuts then draw a line diagonal, then sew on either side, then cut down the line you drew) put them together (maybe rows of four by five long or more instead of three by four and instead of doing a two inch strip you could make it three, your prairie points would be a little larger, and you could do a little bit bigger outside border. Make it a lap quilt instead of a baby quilt!!!!
I love this pattern by the way it went together SUPER fast!!!! Nothing better then that!

Ok, I am officially going to start stalking you! Grin  Everytime I notice a post of yours, you invariably have, show, or say something that's right up my alley!  This punwheel baby quilt is DIVINE! and I think the prairie point thing really goes along with the taggie idea that is so popular right now.  I can just imagine a baby playing with those little points!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Millar Nemesis Chat
The Dragon Tales Cartoon from Sacramento, California
Painting Prehistoric California
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 3/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...