A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sock Monkey Quilt  (Read 2875 times)
Tags for this thread: sock_monkey  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Carlafibers
« on: May 06, 2009 08:01:21 AM »

I stood over my sister (who doesn't quilt) while she sewed this together.  I just quilted it recently and  I know she is giving it away to friend who had a baby.

For all the machine quilters out there, I use quilter's dream select batting, Superior So-Fine Thread, and the spirals looks nice and even thanks to my pattern board.  Freehand fill in between.  All in all, a happy quilt!  Take care, Carla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarysMom
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 08:17:53 AM »

Ohhh.. it is very nice and even and I love the sock monkey fabric. Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christian_cowgirlGSR
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009 09:21:36 AM »

I really like the spiral quilting!  What a great idea!  Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See more of my projects on etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/SissysSewingAndSuch
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009 12:15:26 PM »

Did you do this on a sewing machine - you said a pattern board - so that's on a longarm/quilt frame, right?  I absolutely love the spiral quilting.  It looks fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Tangerine_Dreams
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009 06:47:49 PM »

Love it!!  Looks like Monkey tails!! lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..~Jessica~
nemejia
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009 07:18:58 PM »

what is a pattern board
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Carlafibers
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009 08:37:46 PM »

Did you do this on a sewing machine - you said a pattern board - so that's on a longarm/quilt frame, right?
what is a pattern board?

This is a cool tool if you have a stand up quilting system of any type, even the ones where you set your sewing machines on the frame.  You hook up a stylus to your machine back wheels and the stylus fits snugly into the pattern board.  Let me search for a picture to help explain it. 

Ok, here is a picture of a Handiquilter set up, which is a midarm machine showing the stylus and the pattern board:

So basically this helps the quilter in situations where they need to be more exacting.  It is also fast and easy.  Does that help?  Thank you for your nice comments, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teffy
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009 09:54:29 PM »

GORGEOUS!  I love the swhirly circles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009 03:54:12 AM »

Okay - finally someone that can answer my handiquilter questions!  I have been wanting a frame for the longest time and have been torn between a handiquilter, gracie ii or a proflex! 
And you have a mid arm?!  Lovely!  What kind of machine do you have?
Do you keep your handiquilter assembled all the time?  I don't have the space to have one assembled all the time so I need to find one that is easy to assemble/disassemble so I can store it while not in use...

I really really really want a quilting frame!!!  I was hoping to pick up a few jobs from Caron this year but they have not been buying designs lately so I haven't been able to get the dough raised to get it  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Just as I am
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009 07:02:51 AM »

Where did you get the pattern board?

Did you do this on a sewing machine - you said a pattern board - so that's on a longarm/quilt frame, right?
what is a pattern board?

This is a cool tool if you have a stand up quilting system of any type, even the ones where you set your sewing machines on the frame.  You hook up a stylus to your machine back wheels and the stylus fits snugly into the pattern board.  Let me search for a picture to help explain it. 

Ok, here is a picture of a Handiquilter set up, which is a midarm machine showing the stylus and the pattern board:

http://www.rns-design.com/images/HQ16a.JPG

So basically this helps the quilter in situations where they need to be more exacting.  It is also fast and easy.  Does that help?  Thank you for your nice comments, btw.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009 08:29:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting! Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint N Gauge Model Railways
How to Paint Plastic Military Models
How to Clean Model Paint Brushes
How to Paint Warhammer 40k Figurines
How to Paint Warhammer Figurines
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...