A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
880 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little birdy on a limb necklace--Need opinions!!  (Read 1512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goodtimegirl
« on: May 05, 2009 08:24:03 PM »

I made this necklace over the weekend. I've had it in my head for quite a while now.

There is a chain that goes about halfway around, then it connects to a string of pink pearls. The connector attaches at the bird on a limb charm.

I thought about adding another bit of chain on the right side....not as long as the left, but just a bit of chain. I'm so indecisive.

I thought I liked that it was asymmetrical. I'm really up in the air now. I showed it to my hubby and he implied he wasn't a fan...so, I figured I'd go to the craftster community. What do you all think?? (Like I said, I'm not sure. It's one of those second-opinion type things.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UntamedMenagerie
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009 08:29:28 PM »

So cute! I love it just the way it is.  Smiley It would look darling with a vintage summer dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop: http://untamedmenagerie.etsy.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nikkimenagerie

The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists-Dickens
Mondster
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009 09:00:10 PM »

I picked up that same centerpiece and my husband didn't like it either - so I think they just can't wrap their heads around wearing a twig.  I loved the piece & ended up doing just a simple chain.  What you've done is lovely. 

Just a note - I found out the piece does NOT bend at all.  Don't try like I did - it snapped right in 2. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragglerockette
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009 09:10:49 PM »

OMG my hubby didnt like the necklace either but I love it and I love how you choose to use
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristij1201
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009 09:11:58 PM »

I love it!  I would add more pearls if I added anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
death_by_vodka
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009 09:33:33 PM »

I think its adorable and I wouldn't change a thing.  I've been looking at that branch for a while now too, but I can't think of a way to work it into my style... yet.   I agree with the vintage dress comment though, it'll look amazing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roccstarr75
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009 01:30:14 AM »

I love the combination of materials, but the asymetry of the branch piece and the asymetry of the sides isn't working for me.  Since you obviously can't change the centerpiece, I would suggest putting pearls coming off the centerpiece, then having chain in the back, or actually vice versa would look ok too.  So it would be something like this:  CCCC-PPPP-TWIG/BIRD-PPPP-CCCC  Hope this makes sense! HAHA! This would balance out the whole composition of the piece.  It really cute BTW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodtimegirl
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009 08:10:32 PM »

Thanks so much for the feedback, all!! I was nearly ready to do as roccstarr suggested and make it a bit more balanced, but I wore it to work today and received so many compliments (and I teach teens--rough crowd when it comes to appearance) that I can't change it now. I do have a similar charm, so I'm going to make a more balanced one as well.

Thanks again!! So helpful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FloralFawn
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009 02:44:27 PM »

Hmm I like the pearls, I think i would add more of those.  I'm not sure I like the combination of the pearls + the chain.  I would say go either with the chain all the way around or the pearls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009 10:50:35 AM »

I had an indecisive way about me regarding the bird piece, but I do like it.  The hubby comments are too cute.  One of my necklaces, in an assymetical design with the clasp in the front.  This piece has glass pearls with copper beads in between with 3 copper wire wrapped flat, round agate pieces.  the agate pieces are off-centered.  My hubby said, "You put it together wrong."  No, sweetie - he said it again and finally relented when I told him that I put it together that way, intentionally.

One of these days, I will learn to post photos.  thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marsha Ambrosius Talks Leather & Layering With VIBE VIXEN
Web Deals This Cyber Monday
High Fashion: Most Fun And Functional Boots
Hot Fashion Trends: Jackets And Blazers
4 Unexpected Ways to Wear Plaid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...