A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I just built a new worktable, here's the specs! "All you need" is a drill!  (Read 711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2009 04:23:26 PM »

I just made this table since I had to leave my 5x12ft. table behind when I moved out-of state. This one was built to be pretty, the last one was in the garage. I used:  4x4's-4 posts cut at 35"long, and 2 shorter ones cut at 10.5"   There are 2x3"s:3-6ft boards, and 7 pcs. cut at 45" for cross braces and end framing. One 2x3 piece cut at 24"lngth was used for the front frame of the shelf. The top was 5/8" Melamine. ,with 2 ft. cut off one end to become the shelf . Everything was pre-drilled, sanded, painted, and the legs were attatched inside. All the other framing was done outside. Everything was painted before legs were attatched. The posts have felt pads. This table used about 75 -3" wood bolts, and costs around $90.00  It was an easy project, I had the HDepot do all the wood cuts.  You could make this table larger, 4x8, and modify the measurements. It will cost you another $50.00 in lumber, but you can re-configure the lower shelf to your own needs.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009 11:37:28 PM by KLKING » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009 01:18:41 AM »

Sounds good.  I'm interested in seeing how you incorporated the shelf.  My DH made my craft table(after I found a great foldaway on line for $50 but the shipping was over $1300.) I'd love to see how you put a shelf in the table. 
I think you can start posting pictures after your 10th post or so.
Looking forward to seeing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009 01:15:45 PM »

Hurry and post 10 times. Just look around the site and make your comments on things you like, ask questions and such, and you will have craftster hosting before you know it. I found a great large kidney shaped table top leaning against a dumpster, and when I get the extra sofa out of the living room, I'm doing the same thing with the bookcases to hold it up. Apparently my dining room/craft room now cant accomodate all of my 'clutter'.

Here is wishing you the heartiest welcome to craftster. I'm fairly new, but love it. PM me with questions regarding navigation and stuff. Just use the little bubble icon under any users name to send them a pm.

Can't wait to see what you did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009 09:24:27 AM »

Wow!!!  What a great craft table.  It's fantastic.  I love the "floating shelf" underneath.  Absolutely fantastic that you built it yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Future of the New York Food Scene
How to BBQ Lamb Burgers with Mountain Gorgonzola
How to Make a Cajun Sausage Sautee
How to Make BBQ Lamb Kebabs and Thai Pesto
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...