A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any South City STL ladies for Stitch n Bitch? Or even general craftiness..?  (Read 2873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElevatedLines
« on: May 04, 2009 04:06:15 PM »

Although it seems like many have tried this before without success, I thought I would put the word out to see if anyone in the area would be interested in meeting up for craftiness.. I've lived in the city for almost 2 years now, but I haven't really met anyone here with a creative spirit (I thought I'd go with that phrasing to be as all encompassing as possible - honestly, I've yet to meet anyone here with any artistic drive whatsoever). But I know there must be others out there! So.. anyone?

Also, I'm totally open to suggestions on where would be a great meet spot - I still feel like an alien in this city, even though it seems like I've been here far too long for that. It would probably be a lot easier if they didn't keep shutting down highways  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Needlebug
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009 11:33:02 AM »

If you would do the planning, I would be thrilled to meet up with someone who wants to craft and chat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

duckiedarling
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009 06:32:17 PM »

Sounds like fun. I just moved here too; I'm still trying to figure out where everything is (and how to get there with all the closed roads).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MarteredA
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009 10:57:52 AM »

That sounds wonderful. I'm not from South County, but I would love to join you. Please let me know when you'll be meeting and where.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audreypillow
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009 07:38:42 AM »

I also just moved to STL.  Though I'm in U City, I would be up for meeting anywhere in the area! Let's make some plans!  Libraries and coffee shops are always good options - I'd love to meet some other crafty ladies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Audrey Michelle Mast
Cultural Content Provider
audrey.m.mast[at]gmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diver

I like to hold straight pins in my mouth.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010 06:04:16 PM »

I live in south city, moved here in sept. i haven't hardly met anyone, I've been dying to meet some crafty folks.
I sew, make jewelry, tie dye, make candles, and pretty much anything crafty is something I've done or would like to do. send me a message if you want to hang out and craft
THIS ROCKS   Logged
D_Flack
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010 04:56:59 PM »

I'm not too far from South County/City area.  I've been dying to get more into crafting, but I don't have a lot of know how. 

Let me know if anything is organized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarComa25
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011 04:45:59 PM »

Hey I was looking for some people to craft with in this area.. I am new to the area and I dont know many people... let me know if anyone wants to meet up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a woman, I am a force of f*cking nature.
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011 11:19:32 AM »

I live in South City !

Tower Grove Heights...

I love to thrift and whatnot for craft stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kalidarling
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011 07:20:21 PM »

I've tried this without success a few times as well, but I'd be willing to give it another go. I live in U-City so I don't know a ton of good locations on the south side.

Here are a few of my suggestions (I am of course open to all others!)
- Meshuggah Cafe - This one is in the loop. It's close to me but there is a ton of room to spread out upstairs.
- Black Thorn Pub - Tower Grove - They said Monday nights are good or Wednesday if we get in early (Softball teams tend to crowd in starting in the spring, but if we get in early it's first come first serve. Down side - its pretty dark in there.
- The Royale - On Kings highway - It's loud inside but with the weather getting nicer they have an awesome patio.
- Any one of the Bread Co's.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights are best for me.

Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Color Without Knots RH
How to Cast Off and Hide Loose Ends LH
Crochet Cast off and Hide Loose Ends
Country Decorating Fruit Crate
Learn about Quilting, Quakes and Food Quantities
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...