A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three-panel painting above my bed  (Read 5933 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gumdrops
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009 02:38:53 PM »

this rocks...!!!!!  Grin
i'm gathering ideas for my red and black bedroom... and absolutely love this and might try to fit it to my room! i wish i could fly you to the middle east to teach me how to paint so perfectly! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twobluestripes
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009 02:24:52 AM »

So lovely! I like the look of your bookshelves as well. I would never have shelves above my bed, however, and on the wall I'd maybe put only something very flat and securely mounted (not hung, like a clock), as I live in California and it's important to be earthquake safe. It's so nice and cozy to see all your books lined up on the wall though, so I'll have to find a good place for the Ikea shelves I've got still got in boxes.

I quite like the purple you chose. When I was wee it was my very favorite color, and I'm still a bit partial to it I guess. A light color like that in a bedroom can feel so breezy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alhrayth
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009 05:42:07 AM »

Hi! and thank you everyone for the nice comments! I like this piece very much, but of course I'm a tad biased... I love to know that it looks nice for someone else too!!

random answers/comments

josita - I don't know what is the exact translation of the name of the paint I used - it was some kind of very common matte enamel that I had leftover from painting my door, which I mixed with some other random paint to get the color I wanted (I think even some outside, anti-rust metallic stuff finished in there...)
The white is from a pot of radiator paint I had leftover from re-doing the downstairs kitchen's radiator....
I didn't seal it.

gumdrops - thank you, but my painting is soooooooooooooooooo far from perfect! in fact I really think I have to go over it again, because in photo it doesn't show, but up-close I see brush marks that might need another coat of white to go away...

twobluestripes - I was quite unsure if I liked the books above me, but I decided I like this little "roof" over my head... Thankfully, the area of northern Italy where I live is not subject to earthquakes so at least that's something I don't have to worry about!
re: the lilac overall - I'm a total purple fanatic in every possible shade so I am quite happy with it being in fashion these days because I can finds lots of stuff I like... I love the cool tones of my walls especially in the summer, as my room is exposed to the sun from noon till sunset... so it can be quite hot, and somehow the light color is nice at least psychologically when it gets too much in the summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009 06:34:46 AM »

I think this is lovely, as was the inspiration behind it, and I also like that you placed the cat silhouette in there.

If you are going to add another layer because of brush strokes, why not try just a light sanding and see if that takes care of it?

Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
gemr
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009 07:52:36 PM »

Oooo thats very pretty!
I might do something for my wall going downwards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
floatingmoon
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009 04:56:11 PM »

I like the cat at the corner ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We see the throns of the others, but we cannot see the log of timber in our eyes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Next Big Make-Up Trend, from Katia Beauchamp
Tips For Dry And Sensitive Skin In The Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
A Trick To Making Your Eye Shadow Pop
Tips For Dry And Chapped Lips
Three Beauty Tips For Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...