A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gone to the Birds: Bedroom Walls with Bird Stencils / Wall Art  (Read 6864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladypie
My voices dont like you

Hell Yeah!! I can make anything!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2009 09:26:54 AM »

I finally settled on a theme for my bedroom!!!  So now the walls are complete, and I just need to spiff up my decor and have a flowing theme to the whole room.
As some of might recognize the first portion is a total rip off from some of the vinyl stencils you can buy online but I wanted bigger and cheaper! LOL! I made all the stencils myself and traced them all on the wall and painted them all in with acrylic paint, and the quote is taken from Stephen King's "The Dark Half". It took about two weeks working off and on a few hours in the evenings after the kids were in bed. I'm really happy with the results!
C&C always welcome!  Grin

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009 09:45:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coma
Magic Finding-Lady

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009 09:33:38 AM »

That's awesome. Did you make your own stencils for the birds?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xperimentl
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009 09:38:22 AM »

Great work, you have a lot of patience.  I love the way you made the design go around the room.  I think this might give me nightmares, though. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009 09:41:20 AM »

Wonderful work!   How did you make the stencils?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
karabananas
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009 10:16:29 AM »

love it!! very nice job on the stenciling!  Grin

the quote is taken from Stephen King's "The Dark Half".

good book!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are my sweetest downfall. I loved you first, I loved you first. Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.
ladypie
My voices dont like you

Hell Yeah!! I can make anything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009 10:23:32 AM »

LOL! The whole idea for the birds was to have something that could creep you out but not be over the top and in your face, I love creepy/scary and the husband thinks it's all just sick and gross and I had to compromise since it's OUR bedroom LOL!
Some of the stencils were just googled bird silhouettes, only two I drew myself. I cut the pictures out and traced them on to cardboard (old diaper boxes LOL) and cut those out. I need something a little stiffer than regular paper. And the letters were a fun font I found online and I just cut those out of newspaper and taped them on the wall and traced....I'm not happy with how some of the letters are much thicker than the others but I didn't want to start screwing around too much and ruin the whole thing. It look fine in newspaper but all solid black changed the look a bit. Oh well live and learn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeaSun
The Red SeaSun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009 11:09:43 AM »

love the theme of your room ... great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafts--> http://seasundaytoday.blogspot.com/
Creative Cakes by EMMA ---> http://ccbyemma.blogspot.com/
\(_o)/
N30Nb100d
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009 04:03:42 PM »

this is really awesome!! It is creepy without being too creepy, especially with the quote. I like that the letters aren't all the same actually, it gives it an extra touch of strangeness that makes you a bit uneasy I think. Reminds me of both Edgar Allen Poe and Alfred Hitchcock style horror (beside Stephen King). Really great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rascalrose
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009 04:50:20 PM »

I gotta tell ya, birds scare the crap out of me.  My bedroom window screen doesn't go all the way down because of the flag pole holder, so I end up with the occassional stray bird in my bedroom.  Not my favorite way to wake up. 

So as a girl who loves Steven King and fears birds ... I gotta say your room is awesome. It gives me the shivers something terrible.  I love the font too. I don't think it matters at all that some letters are thicker or thinner. 

What do your kids think?  I'd hate to wake up from a nightmare, then come walking into that room in the dark.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mouseatethekitty
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009 07:09:21 PM »

I really like this, and I know you said the thicker letters make you unhappy but I don't really see anything wrong with it. I think it adds to the creepy effect Smiley
Wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Inviting Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Best Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Hot Wings Recipe
Hot Legs Recipe
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...