A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pants pattern?  (Read 1234 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilyvanilli
« on: May 11, 2004 01:45:43 PM »

Do any of you know where I could find a pattern for pants? Maybe even one on the internet? I have the Spring issue of Interweave Knits and I really like the pattern for the No-Sweat Pants but I'd like to check out more and see if I could find varying styles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittermagoo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004 03:51:12 PM »

The No-Sweats in Interweave are the only ones I've seen . . . though a lot of the folks out there who have knitting blogs have made them with changes to the pattern (I've seen mainly people who knit the legs in the round instead of flat).  Sorry I can't be of more help!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my new blog site:  www.skittermagoo.com
ookpik

everything is so neat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004 12:29:43 PM »

you have seen a *nice* pattern for knitted pants? this shatters my world.

the only pattern i've got is part of a ridiculous head-to-toe aran ensemble from the 70s, involving a balaclava, sweater, mitts, knickerbockers and spats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no such thing as too much information, so: All About My Vagina
ImAKite
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004 03:37:57 PM »

I made the no-sweat pants.  There must be something about this pattern that just screams for reinterpretation.  Mine were worked with the front and back of each leg as one piece, I dread sewing seams but couldn't figure out off the top of my head how to work the legs in the round and still be able to have the crotch seam work out.  Also I was very careful about counting rows, having read several blogs where the legs were obviously different lengths. 
 They're weird-looking when finished, until you try them on.  They're so warm and snuggly soft and only get fuzzier after washing. 

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayray
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004 09:11:19 PM »

Try to find Barbara Walker's "Knitting from the Top" at the library, or bookstore, or www.schoolhousepress.com Smiley  It's a fabulous book, and, in addition to sweaters, skirts, and hats, she tells how to make pants from the top down, which means there's no funny-business at the crotch.  Also you can get the length juuuust right because you can try on as you go.  If you can't find a copy, let me know and I'll just post the general instructions.

Have fun!

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://kayray.org/

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004 10:50:44 AM »

I've got an awesome lace pants pattern in a past issue of Vouge knitting. Nice and sexy for the summer. I haven't knit them yet, tho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
tigger
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005 08:09:22 AM »

hi, what issue of vogue was this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005 08:43:53 AM »

Vogue Knitting Winter 2004/05 has a pair of knitted pants.  They are made with mitred squares in varying colors.   They're interesting looking, I was thinking about attempting them, but the yarn called for is pretty tiny and it calls for US3/3.25mm needles, which freaked me out a bit!  I'm a chicken about the tiny needles/big project.  I have thought that I could re-work the pattern using worsted and size 6 or 7 needles, but haven't gotten to it yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ponytails of Summer: Twist and Turn
Ponytails of Summer: Fishtail Ponytail
How to Get an Undone Updo
Like A Pro Hair Tips From Ken Paves
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...